Colorized leader pictures

Forum for the Civil War Battles games series
Christian Hecht

Colorized leader pictures

Post by Christian Hecht »

Good day gentlemen,
some of the leader pictures look clearly like from wikipedia and so I'm pretty sure that the colorization was done on these better quality/higher resolution pictures.
And so I would like to ask, is there a chance to get the colorized leader pictures in a better quality/higher resolution?

I'm specifically interested in a colorized picture of August Willich, he is picture 44 in Campaign Chickamauga and picture 27 in Campaign Atlanta.
Général Christian Hecht
Commandant en Chef de la Grande Armée
Comte et Chevalier de l'Empire

Napoleonic Wargame Club
Digglyda

Re: Colorized leader pictures

Post by Digglyda »

Hi. I did many of the colourized leader images many years ago when the mods for coloured units and leaders were first done ( Old Banshee Mods ) about 15 years ago ?!
I'm afraid most of the images used were very poor quality black & white photos using very basic colouring techniques.
There were hundreds in total and although a few used already existing coloured pictures, most weren't too good !

I think this is the original image used for August Willich. Its the only one there is of him as a young man ( at the time of the battle ).
I'm afraid I don't think there is currently any plans to update or improve the leader pics'.
Attachments
August_Willich.jpg
August_Willich.jpg (77.98 KiB) Viewed 262 times
Digglyda

Post by Digglyda »

...there is another higher quality photo of Willich when he is much older. But my colouring skills are only very basic. I got quite good and doing lots of them quite quickly but they were very basic really !
Attachments
Willich August.jpg
Willich August.jpg (25.79 KiB) Viewed 261 times
rickdenic

Post by rickdenic »

I just posted a Chickamauga graphics mod on the Mods section of the forum. The Willich picture in the leaders file is a little bit better.....its tough since the photos available for him are pretty low quality.