New Campaign Chickamauga Graphics Mod

Forum to share all game modifications
rickdenic

New Campaign Chickamauga Graphics Mod

Post by rickdenic »

Here is a new graphics mod for Campaign Chickamauga.
It is a bit of an offshoot of the "Old Banshee" mods from 10-15 years ago.
Notes and Installation instructions are available in the download package
Please make sure you're utilizing the latest WDS version of this game, and have backed up your files before overwriting OOB's, and Leader and Unit artwork.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/lyri695r ... jkqis&dl=0

Goal of the Mod:
Provide a little more historical flavor through:
1) "Old Banshee" style unit graphics
2) Unit nicknames (where appropriate)- things like 35th Ohio "Persimmon" or 44th Illinois "NW Rifles"
3) Ethnic Unit indicators - for regiments of heavy Irish or German descent. (Little Irish 4 Leaf Clover icon or German Eagle icon)
4) Improved some Leader images that I was involved with 10-15 years ago but was never really happy with (still more work can be done there)
5) Corps badges where appropriate (XI and XII Corps in the Chattanooga portion of the game....as it turns out the other units did not start to adopt badges until the following year. Therefore I backed them out for this title.)

Perryville examples:
Perryville_Samples.jpg
Perryville_Samples.jpg (86.91 KiB) Viewed 266 times
Murfreesboro examples:
Murfreesboro_Samples.jpg
Murfreesboro_Samples.jpg (91.18 KiB) Viewed 266 times
Chickamauga examples:
Chickamauga_Samples.jpg
Chickamauga_Samples.jpg (90.5 KiB) Viewed 266 times
Chattanooga examples:
Chattanooga_Samples.jpg
Chattanooga_Samples.jpg (90.59 KiB) Viewed 266 times
Strela

Re: New Campaign Chickamauga Graphics Mod

Post by Strela »

Exceptional work! You know Frank M works officially with us?
3-37 Armor

Post by 3-37 Armor »

These are excellent! (The originals are pretty good, but I have to say that I like your single figure unit pictures much more.) It's like a return to the old Talonsoft/JTS days.

The only issue I could see is that in the Perryville OOBs some of the Union and Confederate pictures are for the wrong side....Union infantry showing as Confederate artillery for instance and vice versa. I know first-hand just how difficult it is to hand edit the OOB's but thought I should point this out. My apologies, because as I said, I know what a pain OOB editing can be.
rickdenic

Post by rickdenic »

3-37 Armor wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:24 pm These are excellent! (The originals are pretty good, but I have to say that I like your single figure unit pictures much more.) It's like a return to the old Talonsoft/JTS days.

The only issue I could see is that in the Perryville OOBs some of the Union and Confederate pictures are for the wrong side....Union infantry showing as Confederate artillery for instance and vice versa. I know first-hand just how difficult it is to hand edit the OOB's but thought I should point this out. My apologies, because as I said, I know what a pain OOB editing can be.
If you can let me know examples of problem units or send a screenshot I'll try to get it fixed.
I'm actually not seeing an issue on my side, but maybe I did something stupid with the upload of files to DropBox

Also, make sure you've actually updated the OOB files. If you haven't updated those along with the new Units and Leaders files, then nothing is going to line up correctly.
rickdenic

Post by rickdenic »

rickdenic wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:06 am
3-37 Armor wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:24 pm These are excellent! (The originals are pretty good, but I have to say that I like your single figure unit pictures much more.) It's like a return to the old Talonsoft/JTS days.

If you can let me know examples of problem units or send a screenshot I'll try to get it fixed.
I'm actually not seeing an issue on my side, but maybe I did something stupid with the upload of files to DropBox

Also, make sure you've actually updated the OOB files. If you haven't updated those along with the new Units and Leaders files, then nothing is going to line up correctly.
I think this should be fixed now - i may have missed actually uploading the Perryville OOBs on my side. Sorry!
3-37 Armor

Post by 3-37 Armor »

I re-downloaded, and everything looks good now. Thanks for the quick response!

If you do Campaign Gettysburg, I'll have my work cut out for me, since I have a pretty big 4 day scenario posted up here that uses a modified stock OOB. It'll be worth doing though because I think your Leader and unit graphics are better.