New Campaign Gettysburg Graphics Mod

Forum to share all game modifications
rickdenic

New Campaign Gettysburg Graphics Mod

Post by rickdenic »

Here is a new graphics mod for Campaign Gettysburg.
It is a bit of an offshoot of the "Old Banshee" mods from 10-15 years ago.
Notes and Installation instructions are available in the download package
Please make sure you're utilizing the latest WDS version of this game, and have backed up your files before overwriting OOB's, and Leader and Unit artwork.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/f4tb4h53 ... mrtdc&dl=0

Goal of the Mod:
Provide a little more historical flavor through:
1) Unit graphics that follow the style from the "Old Banshee" mods from 10-15 years ago.
2) Unit nicknames (where appropriate)- things like 20th MA "Harvard" or 42nd NY "Tammany."
3) Ethnic Unit indicators - for regiments of heavy Irish or German descent. (Little Irish 4 Leaf Clover icon or German Eagle icon)
4) Improved some Leader images.....Basically if I liked some of the artwork from other titles better, I swapped those versions over to this game. Also, some images of actual people seem to be available on the web that weren't there around when this game was originally released. In those scenarios I've tried to replace the generic images used previously.
*** Although, I've adjusted leader artwork less in this game than in other recent mods I've put out to the community ***
5) Corps badges where appropriate - on the Infantry units for the Army of the Potomac, and the Corps/Division Leaders
6) For the most part, changed things up so the brigade commanders get national flags as opposed to state flags

*** I haven't adjusted the "a" and "x" OOB's to get the Corps Badge unit artwork, so those files won't be perfect in this mod ***

Samples:
Gettysburg_Samples.jpg
Gettysburg_Samples.jpg (91.75 KiB) Viewed 224 times
Gettysburg_Samples2.jpg
Gettysburg_Samples2.jpg (89.97 KiB) Viewed 224 times