New to PBEM, Looking for opponents, Modern Campaigns

Corvus

New to PBEM, Looking for opponents, Modern Campaigns

Post by Corvus »

I've been playing WDS games for a few years now, and love the system and game engine. Thus far, I've been playing mostly against the AI, with occasional two-person hot seat games. I'd like to try PBEM. I've exercised the mode, that is starting a game in PBEM, saving a *.bte file and reopening that file to play the other side so I know it works. Since I've not played PBEM before, I'd prefer to start with the smaller (e.g. 20-or-so turns and maybe Corps or Division-level) scenarios. I've played a couple of the larger scenarios with 100+ turns, and confess I have some difficulty keeping the operational concept and tempo clear in my head, which seems like it could also become a problem in PBEM. Anyway, I guess I'd call myself a "competent beginner." That is, I understand concepts of how to read maps/terrain, OOB and missions to develop and execute an operational plan. Where I still frequently fall short is exercising the game commands to properly execute the mission. There is a HUGE array of commands and capabilities, and I often fail to execute them properly. For example, I recently dismounted several air-assault companies, thinking I needed the infantry out of the helicopters to do a particular job, not realizing that was different from the command to "go on foot." I spent much of the rest of the scenario trying to get them out of "go on foot" mode... Anyway, I'm interested in giving PBEM a try if someone out there near my level is so inclined. I have the following games:

Modern Campaigns
North German Plain
Danube Front
Fulda Gap
Korea

I'd prefer to play Modern Campaigns, but also have a couple of the WWII PC and PB titles.

Panzer Campaigns
Kharkov '43
Mius River '43 (demo)

Panzer Battles
Kursk Southern Front
nelmsm

Re: New to PBEM, Looking for opponents, Modern Campaigns

Post by nelmsm »

I'll give you a game. Pick out a scenario you like and start it up. You can send it to melmsm (at) att (dot) net I have all the games as well. So any game, scenario, and side is fine with me. Prefer Modern Campaigns as well.
Kolc

Post by Kolc »

I have Fulda Gap and North German Plain if you want to send me a game bkolcun45atgmaildotcom.
nelmsm

Post by nelmsm »

Kolc wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:04 am I have Fulda Gap and North German Plain if you want to send me a game bkolcun45atgmaildotcom.
If want to send me a file I can handle two games.
Kolc

Post by Kolc »

nelmsm wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:41 am
Kolc wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:04 am I have Fulda Gap and North German Plain if you want to send me a game bkolcun45atgmaildotcom.
If want to send me a file I can handle two games.
Will do
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

Scenario from NGP 99_03: Harz Mtns, file on the way. Msg will be from molon_labe90atgmxdotcom