New Campaign Antietam Graphics Mod

Forum to share all game modifications
rickdenic

New Campaign Antietam Graphics Mod

Post by rickdenic »

Here is a new graphics mod for Campaign Antietam.
It is a bit of an offshoot of the "Old Banshee" mods from 10-15 years ago.
Notes and Installation instructions are available in the download package
Please make sure you're utilizing the latest WDS version of this game, and have backed up your files before overwriting OOB's, and Leader and Unit artwork.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/o3qsfsn6 ... nx24r&dl=0

Goal of the Mod:
Provide a little more historical flavor through:
1) Unit graphics that follow the style from the "Old Banshee" mods from 10-15 years ago.
2) Unit nicknames (where appropriate)- things like 20th MA "Harvard" or 42nd NY "Tammany."
3) Ethnic Unit indicators - for regiments of heavy Irish or German descent. (Little Irish 4 Leaf Clover icon or German Eagle icon)
4) Improved some Leader images.....Basically if I liked some of the artwork from other titles better, I swapped those versions over to this game. Also, some images of actual people seem to be available on the web that weren't there around when this game was originally released. In those scenarios I've tried to replace the generic images used previously.
5) First Bull Run gets a special look and feel with the Confederate flags, as the Second National Flag pattern wasn't in use yet.

First Bull Run Examples:
FirstBullRun_Samples.jpg
FirstBullRun_Samples.jpg (87.2 KiB) Viewed 306 times
Cedar Mountain / Second Bull Run Examples:
SecondBullRun_Samples.jpg
SecondBullRun_Samples.jpg (87.81 KiB) Viewed 306 times
Antietam Examples:
Antietam_Samples.jpg
Antietam_Samples.jpg (88.79 KiB) Viewed 306 times
rickdenic

Re: New Campaign Antietam Graphics Mod

Post by rickdenic »

It looks like this still works well with 4.05 Antietam update. As that new version requires a full re-install, the modified OOBs and Unit/Leader files need to be inserted again after the update.