THE WARGAMING SOCIETY

Aloysius Kling Sr

THE WARGAMING SOCIETY

Post by Aloysius Kling Sr »

Greetings,
I am very sorry to say that, after nearly 10 yrs the Wargaming Society has shut down. A few yrs ago the original founder, Scott Clawson fought his last battle. Mark and I have been managing the website, last year David Cronin joined up, building our Archive data system which did lesson the day to day workload. David left us because of changes with a new position, and his family. Mark also has been overwhelmed with his work.

While I have enjoyed building webpages, managing tournaments, etc. Age and various health issues has made managing the Wargaming Society, and tournaments, I can no longer accomplish effectively. Mark has concluded he simply is too busy.

As of April 3rd the Wargaming Society is no more.

Battle On,
Al
Last edited by Aloysius Kling Sr on Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rahamy

Re: THE WARGAMING SOCIETY

Post by rahamy »

Sorry to hear it Al, wish you the best going forward.

<salute>

Rich
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
Dion

Post by Dion »

After only 10 years. That is truly sad news to hear.
Ashcloud

Post by Ashcloud »

Really sad news. Thanks to all for the time and effort keeping it going for the time it lasted.

For all members that need a new home please consider joining https://www.theblitz.club/index.php
zovs

Post by zovs »

Al,

It was a fun ride. Sad to see the site and everything and everyone gone/lost.

Your health is the most important and your family. Concentrate on that first and foremost.

Thanks for your efforts and the time you gave us in the hobby while your site existed and the tournaments we played and actions we did.

RIP The Wargaming Society.

Take good care of yourself Al.

Don
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
erick_repie

Post by erick_repie »

Sad to hear this, God bless you all.
Battle on,
Bill-Peters

Post by Bill-Peters »

Dion wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:48 pm After only 10 years. That is truly sad news to hear.
ONLY 10 years. Have you ever run an online wargame club that is as diverse as TWS was? I ran a club that catered to the Musket and Pike series for JTS and was done in just over a year's time. It takes real commitment and finances to do it right.

TWS had an automated system eventually but before then the guys were managing it themselves. I joined the club early on in its history and dropped and was happy to come back in 2023. I was in many games early on after re-joining and enjoying meeting new people.

Sorry to see the club gone. This leaves The Blitz and a couple of other clubs that cater to ALL of the series.

Having helped start the Napoleonic Wargame Club, its really amazing that the clubs we have are still on the map.

Thanks, Al and Mark for your hard work over the years. And RIP, Scott.

I will cherish my TWS t-shirt that the club guys sent me. Always remind me that life is precious and like a vapor its gone sooner than later.