Napoleonic Wargame Club - The Oldest and Finest Napoleonic Wargaming Club Online

Christian Hecht

Napoleonic Wargame Club - The Oldest and Finest Napoleonic Wargaming Club Online

Post by Christian Hecht »

Gentlemen,
if you are interested in the Napoleonic Battles game series by WDS and other Napoleonic wargames don't miss to take a look at the Napoleonic Wargame Club

This club is highly recommend if you want to play any Napoleonic War game against human opponents, it has lots of atmosphere and lots of opponents together with a proper forum and an game registration platform(the so called DOR).

It offers good discussion on the forum with interesting topics ranging from historical information & discussion to exchange of battle field tactics to beat your opponents, it also has a range of good webpages dedicated to the various factions of the Revolutionary & Napoleonic Wars with a wealth of information, and last but not least it has a DOR(Department of Records) that keeps track of your development through the ranks, awards, nobility titles, etc., that you can gain in your career in the Napoleonic Wargame Club.
No matter if you are a beginner or an old grognard, this is the place where you find everything you need so go for it and to enjoy the era of the Revolutionary & Napoleonic Wars!
Last edited by Christian Hecht on Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
Général Christian Hecht
Commandant en Chef de la Grande Armée
Comte et Chevalier de l'Empire

Napoleonic Wargame Club
Typhoon

Re: Join the Napoleonic Wargame Club

Post by Typhoon »

No doubt all of the above is true. Same could be said about the ACW club and my personal favourite the Blitz. There’s a few more as well but I would have to look them up.
The reason for the reply though is I would like to see this sort of stuff in a section of its own. That way I can chase it up if I want to and leave it alone if I don’t. I think the WDS forum is a great move and been more than happy with all the extra activity. So I would like to see most of that activity here it’s easier than having to forum hop.
rahamy

Post by rahamy »

We have created a new sub-forum in the General area for clubs and other third party sites that support our games and want to advertise here. Moved this topic over as the first one.

Christian - please feel free to post all you want, but do so in the Third Part Forum section....might even want to just keep updating this thread to keep things nice a neat.

This arrangement will allow word to get out about other supporting site, but also allow everyone to enjoy normal forum traffic in the other areas.
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
Mike Davies

Post by Mike Davies »

I'd certainly echo my support for the NWC. I've been a member for decades and have met some fantastic people and great opponents. Its definitely worth checking out.
Bill-Peters

Post by Bill-Peters »

I was one of the founding members of the NWC and highly encourage anyone who likes to play the Napoleonic Battles series and Seven Years War WDS titles to join. The club has a narrower focus than the others that cater to all of the games and allows you to immerse yourself more in the period.

Its a great way to learn more about the period as well and the members often post artwork "mods" and comment about the game series as a whole and in detail. Helps for folks that need a training game to get up to speed is there too.

Having just rejoined the NWC last year I want to say that the club admin is continuing the heritage that we started way back in 1998. It still is the best place on the web to go to find opponents and get into a good game of the NB series whether its one on one or via team play.
sdporres

Post by sdporres »

Hear, hear! Huzzah!
Looking for a community of players to play the Napoleonic games?
Check out Napoleonic Wargaming Club (NWC)!
www.wargame.ch/wc/nwc/Napann1.htm
Christian Hecht

Re: Napoleonic Wargame Club - The Oldest and Finest Napoleonic Wargaming Club Online

Post by Christian Hecht »

As a little preview I would like to note that the club plans to hold a tournament this year, if it runs good it is likely that an annual tournament is hosted to give members a different challenge & experience within the club.
Général Christian Hecht
Commandant en Chef de la Grande Armée
Comte et Chevalier de l'Empire

Napoleonic Wargame Club
oz77

Re: Napoleonic Wargame Club - The Oldest and Finest Napoleonic Wargaming Club Online

Post by oz77 »

Excellent news! Looking forward to participating!