Squad Battles Modern War Scenarios

Forum to share all game modifications
Warhorse

Re: Squad Battles Modern War Scenarios

Post by Warhorse »

nelson211005 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:44 am
nelson211005 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:49 am
Embis wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:06 am I have all these mods if anyone is having problems tracking them down, just pm me.
Hi
if possible I would like Africa wars, Israeli and Red Stars mods plese.
Mick
Thanks for all the mods.

I am having trouble with the Red Star Over Europe one though.First one I have tried actually!
Do I install the Red Star mod straight into the folder with Nam4.00 copied into it?
Or into a particular folder or file of the Nam game?
I haven't looked at that one in awhile, mine are set up so all one does is unzip into the main folder all the sauad battles games are in. Then just copy/paste the game Exe's into the new game folder. Some others are more complicated.
Live now, pay later...
Sunbather

Post by Sunbather »

nelson211005 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:44 am I am having trouble with the Red Star Over Europe one though.First one I have tried actually!
Do I install the Red Star mod straight into the folder with Nam4.00 copied into it?
What you wanna do is making a copy of the SB Vietnam folder and rename it form "SB Vietnam - Copy" to whatever you wanna call it, e.g. "SB Mod Red Star over Europe". Then go into that folder and delete all .oob and .scn files. (Tip: you can just use the Windows search function within the folder and search for .oob and .scn and delete everything that shows up).

ONLY THEN execute the mod installation file. Pick the renamed folder and install the whole thing into there. Media files etc. should be overwritten automatically.

It's done. Run the mod by simply executing the vn.exe file. If you did everything correctly, you'll be greeted with Cold War 80ies music and a new title screen.

EDIT: Warhorse's guide is of course way simpler than that and it works 95% of the time. But I found that with some mods you need more than just the .exe file. So I started installing mods the way I described it.
Incidentally, that's just how Warhorse wants his own mods to be installed to guarantee functioning ;)
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

Sunbather wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:24 am
nelson211005 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:44 am I am having trouble with the Red Star Over Europe one though.First one I have tried actually!
What you wanna do is making a copy of the SB Vietnam folder and rename it form "SB Vietnam - Copy" to whatever you wanna call it, e.g. "SB Mod Red Star over Europe". Then go into that folder and delete all .oob and .scn files. (Tip: you can just use the Windows search function within the folder and search for .oob and .scn and delete everything that shows up).

ONLY THEN execute the mod installation file. Pick the renamed folder and install the whole thing into there. Media files etc. should be overwritten automatically.

It's done. Run the mod by simply executing the vn.exe file. If you did everything correctly, you'll be greeted with Cold War 80ies music and a new title screen.

EDIT: Warhorse's guide is of course way simpler than that and it works 95% of the time. But I found that with some mods you need more than just the .exe file. So I started installing mods the way I described it.
Incidentally, that's just how Warhorse wants his own mods to be installed to guarantee functioning ;)
Thanks man, mine use to be similar in nature, basically made it easier by including the entire game hierarchy folder, with all non-essential cruft already removed. Some folks, as I found out along the years are not as proficient in file navigation as myself and others!
Live now, pay later...