What Future Titles Would You Like To See?

Forum for the First World War Campaigns games series
VonSpee

Re: What Future Titles Would You Like To See?

Post by VonSpee »

Volcano wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:19 pm Keep in mind that it was my personal decision (right or wrong, who knows) to make each FWWC title have more content than what you would normally expect. Originally this was because I was worried that there wouldn't be much interest in many of the battles of WW1 compared to WW2, so I try to have the "main event" and then throw in the kitchen sink with it as an added bonus.

This of course has created a sort of "standard" for the series, where I am trying to cram as much as I can into each title. I think you can easily say that each title so far (France '14, Serbia '14, East Prussia '14) could have been two (and in some cases three) separate games - but I didn't want to do that because I felt like you can't really maintain interest for some of the more obscure or static battles in WW1, so you have to lump them together and hopefully create greater interest in singular titles. Serbia '14 is another fine example - everyone might want to play the 1915 invasion but not so much the individual 1914 invasions to the degree that you would buy them as separate games (and I would agree). Of course bigger/more content means more research, more work, more testing and so on. But it also means that (I hope) you also have more existing content to explore between releases, though. :)

But yes, I am going as fast as is humanly possible (with real life going on at the same time). I have tried to speed up this process but I just can't do it without cutting corners and I don't want to do that - maybe I am a prisoner of my own approach here. :?

Each game is like rolling a boulder up a mountain -- it's going slow and steady, but at the same time I have to be careful not to get crushed... :shock:
As someone with a lifelong obsession with WW1, seeing this level of dedication and research is what really sets WDS apart from other developers. As well as the ongoing support for the myriad of titles. I'm waiting with bated breath to see what happens with existing and new WW1 titles.