Bridging unit oddities

Forum for the Panzer Campaigns games series
ComradeP

Bridging unit oddities

Post by ComradeP »

Attempting to combine a company without a bridge with another company of the same battalion with a "has bridge" indication results in a "combined" unit of 1 company according to the counter of the unit that does not have the bridge. No actual combining takes place.

In the example, I "combined" the unit at the top of the stack with the unit at the bottom. The unit at the top of the stack now shows "+++" as if it has multiple components, but it's still only a single company.

Reachable hexes calculation for a unit maintaining a bridge is incorrect. The unit can only cross its own bridge, but according to the reachable hexes it can move another hex in a line. Attempting to move to that second hex triggers the correct error message "units building or maintaining bridge cannot move away from bridge."

Aragorn2002

Re: Bridging unit oddities

Post by Aragorn2002 »

Just out of interest, ComradeP. Which game is this?
FilipSK

Post by FilipSK »

I´m playing these games for 20 years and never seen it before, until the very same thing happened to me two days ago :D :D
It didn´t include Has Bridge type of engineers in my example, but the result was the same - eng.unit having +++ while still being a single company.
I think this is only a minor bug without any real effect on the game.
ComradeP

Post by ComradeP »

Aragorn2002 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:48 am Just out of interest, ComradeP. Which game is this?
Those screenshots were taken in Spring Awakening '45.
FilipSK wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:52 am I´m playing these games for 20 years and never seen it before, until the very same thing happened to me two days ago :D :D
It didn´t include Has Bridge type of engineers in my example, but the result was the same - eng.unit having +++ while still being a single company.
I think this is only a minor bug without any real effect on the game.
It is indeed a minor bug.

Perhaps it's a fix for being able to breakdown engineer units with a bridge, which leaves one component with the bridge and allows the others to move. That's less of an issue with dedicated bridging engineers, but seems odd for regular engineer battalions with an abstracted bridging platoon/company.