CWB v4.05.1 Updates

Forum for the Civil War Battles games series
Erzhog Karl

CWB v4.05.1 Updates

Post by Erzhog Karl »

Gentlemen,

Another quick n stupid question I fear.

The release of the above update now defaults the in game Confederate uniform color to that of being grey as opposed to butternut. I'm aware that the grey color may be changed, as an option, back to butternut by a player if desired.

My question is must all Confederate forces in a game scenario be uniformed in the same color uniform ? For example, if a game scenario were being played, MP style, by 2, or even more, Confederate players, must all the players conform to a single uniform color i.e. grey or butternut, or will the game/scenario allow selection & play by each individual player of his uniform color of choice, default grey or optional butternut.

TIA
rahamy

Re: CWB v4.05.1 Updates

Post by rahamy »

It is user specific, and controlled by the image files you have on your local computer. You can use either style of 2DSymbols files - or even a modified set of your choosing - and it has no impact on anyone else.
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
Erzhog Karl

Post by Erzhog Karl »

Thank you Sir for the ever swift reply.

In effect therefore, if scenario PBEM files are being swapped back and forth between Confederate players in an MP style game, as described in my previous, the fact one player is using butternut color in their game whilst another is using grey in theirs, has no bearing or game impact upon the game files being being shared by them. The game/scenario will play normally simply displaying the different colors as selected by each individual player ?

I personally like the new grey color and intend using it as the default. However, I know others who do not and they will revert back to the butternut color. Therefore when I load a file from them in a PBEM game, what color will their forces display as on my local PC...Grey or Butternut

TIA, again. :?
rahamy

Post by rahamy »

Yes

And, there's also the toggle in-game, under the Settings Menu where you can select alternative unit symbols.

Graphics never impact another players experience - only the system they are used on.
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
sjezior

Post by sjezior »

Anyone able to just change the Confederate colors?

I can get butternut with the alternate symbols but not with the standard ones. Is butternut and alternate separable?
rahamy

Post by rahamy »

Look in the directory:

Campaign Antietam\Map\Traditional Map

Copy:

2DSymbols50.bmp
2DSymbols100.bmp

Up one level into the \Map folder, overwriting the files that are there and you will be set.
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
sjezior

Post by sjezior »

Thank you!

I replaced 2DSymbols25.bmp also to get extreme zoom out the same.
Price'sRaid

Post by Price'sRaid »

Is it just me or were the breastworks icons updated recently as well? They are showing up much more clearly in my 4.05 copy of Antietam that I got when it was the sale game than I am use to with the other titles on older versions.