Middle East '67 - Opponent wanted - 2004 Campaign

nukkxx

Middle East '67 - Opponent wanted - 2004 Campaign

Post by nukkxx »

Hello,

I'd like to start a Middle East '67 PBEM with the 2004 "Jihad" hypothetical campaign (1 or 1a, to be discussed). Default Optional Rules. I'm looking for an Israeli player. I'd play the Arabs.
One turn every 3 or 4 days (not longer, more when/if possible). Default optional rules. I never played this title before and I'm still learning JTS games so don't expect to play against a Grand Master :mrgreen:

Motivated and serious player only ! No lecturing, just fun.

Files exchange and communication preferably on Discord.

Any volunteer ?
Campaign Gettysburg, Campaign Leipzig, Campaign Waterloo, Danube Front '85, East Prussia '14, El Alamein '42, France '14, France '40, Japan '45, Modern War, Moscow '41, Republican Bayonets on the Rhine, Serbia '14, Stalingrad '42, Middle East '67.
nelmsm

Re: Middle East '67 - Opponent wanted - 2004 Campaign

Post by nelmsm »

I'll be your Israeli player though you may have to walk me through using Discord. I will be gone most of the week of the 15th. If you can live with that I am retired so should be able to do a turn or two a day when I return from that trip. You can reach me at melmsm (at) att (dot) net via email or I think I'm nelmsm#0288 on Discord. LOL
nukkxx

Post by nukkxx »

Hi, looks good then. Regarding the turns frequency, I will in general not be able to play much more than one turn every 3 or 4 days. But not less. This is because I have 6 other on going games, including some huge scenarios :-)
Discord is very convenient if you have it. It allows chatting and transferring files. You just drag and drop the file in the chat box and that's it. So up to you if you decide to install it. In my opinion it's very useful and it has a great community of players, including a very nice JTS/WDS channel where you can chat with other fans of the series. It will take you a little time to get use of it but then it will become a second nature.
Let me know if you decide to register. My Discord name is nukkxx (ID number is #9033). Let me know your pseudo and Discord ID number if you decide to give it a try https://discord.com/
Last edited by nukkxx on Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Campaign Gettysburg, Campaign Leipzig, Campaign Waterloo, Danube Front '85, East Prussia '14, El Alamein '42, France '14, France '40, Japan '45, Modern War, Moscow '41, Republican Bayonets on the Rhine, Serbia '14, Stalingrad '42, Middle East '67.
Stikidu

Post by Stikidu »

Hello ,
i did find the Matrix channel but not the WDS one.
do you have the link ?
"England is a French former colony which has gone wrong".
Georges Clemenceau.
nukkxx

Post by nukkxx »

Yes, it's a sub-channel of a server called Hex! (and Hex! is a great server for wargamers)
here > https://discord.com/channels/5731870294 ... 7122580510
Stikidu

Post by Stikidu »

it doesn't seem to work or i don't know how to use discord...
"England is a French former colony which has gone wrong".
Georges Clemenceau.
nukkxx

Post by nukkxx »

Ok, then try this other link : https://discord.gg/eNPkFfky
It's an invite to join the Hex! server. The JTS channel is there. You will see all the games in the left bar. One channel is about John Tiller/WDS games. Its in the "operational games" section in the left bar of the server.
Poke me when you're in.
nukkxx

Post by nukkxx »

nelmsm wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:28 pm I'll be your Israeli player though you may have to walk me through using Discord. I will be gone most of the week of the 15th. If you can live with that I am retired so should be able to do a turn or two a day when I return from that trip. You can reach me at melmsm (at) att (dot) net via email or I think I'm nelmsm#0288 on Discord. LOL
Friend request sent ! I'm nukkxx#9033
nelmsm

Post by nelmsm »

nukkxx wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:28 am Hi, looks good then. Regarding the turns frequency, I will in general not be able to play much more than one turn every 3 or 4 days. But not less. This is because I have 6 other on going games, including some huge scenarios :-)
Discord is very convenient if you have it. It allows chatting and transferring files. You just drag and drop the file in the chat box and that's it. So up to you if you decide to install it. In my opinion it's very useful and it has a great community of players, including a very nice JTS/WDS channel where you can chat with other fans of the series. It will take you a little time to get use of it but then it will become a second nature.
Let me know if you decide to register. My Discord name is nukkxx (ID number is #9033). Let me know your pseudo and Discord ID number if you decide to give it a try https://discord.com/
I was on there just haven't used it for file transfers before. Found your friend request and replied. Fire it up and send me a file. Good luck.
nukkxx

Post by nukkxx »

Yeah, it's very convenient for PBEM. Everybody should use that. Just drag and drop the save in the chat box. Much easier than writting an email, sending the email, etc. And the save never gets corrupted (unlike with emails when sometimes you even need to zip it, as an final ultimate pain :-) )