Thinking of Purchasing Battles of North Africa 1941?

Forum for the Panzer Battles games series
KoolKat

Thinking of Purchasing Battles of North Africa 1941?

Post by KoolKat »

Gents, :ugeek:

I'm thinking of purchasing "Battles of North Africa 1941" to take advantage of the discount offered in the Summer Sale, but...

"Do persons play against human opponents :?: In other words, how easy is it to locate PBeM opponents for Panzer Battles :?:

I'm happy to help and play persons who wish to engage with the Panzer Battle Series. I'm new to this series too! :)

"Battles of North Africa 1941" would be my first purchase of the series.

I do have PBeM experience with larger scale series like Panzer Campaigns.

Please let me know your thoughts.
Last edited by KoolKat on Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
rahamy

Re: Thinking of Purchasing Battles of North Africa 1941?

Post by rahamy »

There's a variety of places to find opponents... I know you are at the Blitz, and obviously here - but have you looked into any of the others?

https://wargameds.com/pages/resources-clubs
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
KoolKat

Post by KoolKat »

rahamy wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:08 am There's a variety of places to find opponents... I know you are at the Blitz, and obviously here - but have you looked into any of the others?

https://wargameds.com/pages/resources-clubs
Hi Rich, :ugeek:

Actually, I was not aware of those additional resources to find opponents! I'll follow up with them. Thank you sir! :)
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
rahamy

Post by rahamy »

Welcome!

From my experience many people are intimidated by the thought of engaging in a PBEM match - but normally, after they have done so, dive into further engagements.

Like is done in several of the clubs, there needs to be a willingness of the person seeking opponents to do a little "training" in an initial match... expecting a new player to have it all down can lead to frustration for both parties, IMHO.
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
zovs

Post by zovs »

I mainly only play WDS via PBEM. In fact I have two PBEM games going on for this series, one in NA and one in Normandy, the big one, the Longest Day scenario.

I found my PzB opponent when the old TWC club existed, we started playing PzC scenario and then I suggested PzB NA and he said he'd like to give it a try. Then on June 6th I asked him if he was interested in "The Longest Day" and he was, so we fired that up.

The clubs that are still around are for Early American Wars including Seven Years War, the Napoleonic's and the American Civil War.

The Blitz has a lot of PzC and severa PzB PBEM gamers going on.

The more I play PzB, the more I really like it alot.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
KoolKat

Post by KoolKat »

Gents, :ugeek:

I purchased Battles of North Africa 1941 and found an opponent! :D

I am "good to go!" 8-)