Graphics Card failure during Waterloo Full Campaign

Forum for subjects that are not covered in the dedicated forums
skc

Graphics Card failure during Waterloo Full Campaign

Post by skc »

I recently experienced a Graphics Card (GTX 1050 Ti) failure during Waterloo Full Campaign. The 2nd monitor which had PDF map on, dropped resolution to 600dpi, although the main monitor 1920x1080, which had the game map on, worked O.K.
Later when I tried changing the monitor positions, the same fault appeared in reverse. When I returned them to original plugs, there was no signal at all.
Not 100% sure if the GPU has gone or just needs a clean up. Also did update the drivers.

I know this is technical and feel strongly that the JTS Genre of games are not that stressful on GPU, but am just wondering, scrolling around that giant Waterloo map?

I now have another PBEM move and am a little nervous to use it with the onboard card, which I'm now using. (although just completed a Fog2 move with no issue, although everything turned down.)

Any ideas/experiences on this, anyone?
Xerxes77

Re: Graphics Card failure during Waterloo Full Campaign

Post by Xerxes77 »

I have the same graphics card on my laptop. The large Waterloo map barely makes a dent on the GPU usage even with the onboard (Intel) card, while any modern browser with a few tabs open will easily take a good chunk... I really doubt any of the WDS games will tax your card to the point of causing issues.

Now there might be something going on with the dual monitor configuration... hard to tell but hope you can find the source of the problem.
skc

Post by skc »

Thought as much. I'll take it out and give it a good clean and see if it sorts itself out. It's only 3yrs old and although I've got some heavy games (.e.g. Total War Warhammer etc) I've barely run any of them, & have not played on hot days, kept dust off etc. (Too busy with WDS & Fog2;) Many thanks for the advice.
skc

Post by skc »

Finally got the Card out, gave it a dusting, some Mutipurpose Spray and its now actually working like a charm again! (A relief as with our exchange rate and the chip shortage, horribly expensive here.)