Questions.

Forum for the First World War Campaigns games series
stormbringer3

Questions.

Post by stormbringer3 »

I'm thinking of buying either East Prussia or Serbia. Any thoughts about the two would be appreciated. From my research I think that Phases are the best way to play Napoleonic Battles and Civil War Battles. How about these titles? I only play vs. the AI. Would Phases add to the gameplay in these titles or hurt them?
Thanks for any opinions.
Kidrep711

Re: Questions.

Post by Kidrep711 »

Hello mate. I do not have Serbia yet but I am a proud owner of the other two 1914 games. Since you asked I will tell you that Prussia is a good and unique game. It doesn't offer the epic battles that France 14 does but that's obviously because it didnt feature those in real life. Otherwise it is a good representation of the war in the east early on.

To answer your question about phases. I don't use them besides a melee phase in Napoleonic and ACW games. I do not think they will add anything to the 1914 games as melee , regardless of the generals opinions prewar, was not as important as it was 50 years previous. The reaction and automatic defensive fire phases are seamless built in.

This all comes from my experience playing PBEM, but I've played enough against the AI to say it's pretty universal. If you get the game and ever feel like trying your hand vs an human (to which I feel the games really shine) message me.
stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

Thanks for the info. I just bought East Prussia. I decided not to do Phases as I found a post from the developer saying that Manual Defensive Fire makes the game play differently, completely pro-defender.
Alan Sharif

Post by Alan Sharif »

Good choice. East Prussia is the best game in the series thus far, IMO. I also don't use phases.
siegersallee

Post by siegersallee »

I have East Prussia and it is an excellent taste of what it would have been like to command German forces against a numerically superior force. I have had the game for about 5 years and have only played the first couple of scenarios, Stalluponen and Gumbinnen.
But, I can say that the tactical situation for the Germans is very daunting. You have good units but are vastly outnumbered by the Russian hordes.