Mod Ferraris 4.01

Forum to share all game modifications
Verdun1916

Re: Mod Ferraris 4.01

Post by Verdun1916 »

So, I tried renaming the mod 2D unit files by adding an a at the end of each file name:
from 2DSymbols25 to 2DSymbols25a,
from 2DSymbols50 to 2DSymbols50a and
2DSymbols100 to 2DSymbols100a.

This replaced the a option for the game 2D units normally showing NATO style unit markers.

I started the game, clicked the Settings menu, then Unit Symbol and choose the NATO option. And voila, now the mod 2D units show up perfectly in the game.

I chose the NATO files because those are the 2D units I have disliked the most in the stock game.
If you want to replace one of the other instead, just add an b or an c instead of an a.

Not sure what would happen if you added an d instead, or some other letter. Maybe a forth option would show up in the Settings/Unit Symbols menu in game.
LarkinVB

Post by LarkinVB »

Verdun1916 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:07 am Not sure what would happen if you added an d instead, or some other letter. Maybe a forth option would show up in the Settings/Unit Symbols menu in game.
Nope!
Verdun1916

Post by Verdun1916 »

LarkinVB wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:53 am
Verdun1916 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:07 am Not sure what would happen if you added an d instead, or some other letter. Maybe a forth option would show up in the Settings/Unit Symbols menu in game.
Nope!
Good to know! Then it's just a question of adding an a, b or an c to the mod unit file names depending on which of the three 2D unit options in the stock game one wishes to replace with the modded 2D units.
IainF

Post by IainF »

Ooh, thanks for this info Verdun, will get cracking on making the change.
Verdun1916

Post by Verdun1916 »

IainF wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:18 am Ooh, thanks for this info Verdun, will get cracking on making the change.
Glad I could help, mate! :D
IainF

Post by IainF »

That sort of worked, the Ferraris mod is missing the new Leader flags so you get a blank 'splodge' over units that have leaders with them which means I'm not going to use the 2d parts, which is a shame as I do like them.
jmartin

Post by jmartin »

So, I tried renaming the mod 2D unit files by adding an a at the end of each file name:
from 2DSymbols25 to 2DSymbols25a,
from 2DSymbols50 to 2DSymbols50a and
2DSymbols100 to 2DSymbols100a.

This replaced the a option for the game 2D units normally showing NATO style unit markers.

I started the game, clicked the Settings menu, then Unit Symbol and choose the NATO option. And voila, now the mod 2D units show up perfectly in the game.

I chose the NATO files because those are the 2D units I have disliked the most in the stock game.
If you want to replace one of the other instead, just add an b or an c instead of an a.

Not sure what would happen if you added an d instead, or some other letter. Maybe a forth option would show up in the Settings/Unit Symbols menu in game.
Thanks for bringing the solution so quickly.

The new update 4.03 of the Napoleonic games, among other things, has included three modes to represent the units in 2D (Nato, Alt and Block), being able to select any of them from the Game Settings menu.

This modification causes my mod to not install correctly. But this has a very easy solution and that is to change the name of the three files substituting one of the unit modes, adding an "a"(Nato) "b"(Alt) or "c"(Block) to the name depending on the everyone's preferences.

In fact, you just have to change the name of the files as you indicate. This would be valid for all games.
jmartin

Post by jmartin »

That sort of worked, the Ferraris mod is missing the new Leader flags so you get a blank 'splodge' over units that have leaders with them which means I'm not going to use the 2d parts, which is a shame as I do like them.
Are you using the latest version of the mod (4.01)? It's the one posted on this forum. In this version that problem is fixed.

If you are using the latest version and the problem continues, post an image to give me an idea of what is happening.
Verdun1916

Post by Verdun1916 »

IainF wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:28 am That sort of worked, the Ferraris mod is missing the new Leader flags so you get a blank 'splodge' over units that have leaders with them which means I'm not going to use the 2d parts, which is a shame as I do like them.
As jmartin sais, you must be running a pre 4.01 version of the mod. My 2D units show the leader flags and command letters as it should in accordance with the updated 4.03 version of the game.

So I would also suggest you download the latest version of the latest version of the mod and install it and see if that doesn't fix your problem. :)
IainF

Post by IainF »

Ah, cheers.