Own Troops FOW & ability to Automate Orders

Forum for subjects that are not covered in the dedicated forums
skc

Own Troops FOW & ability to Automate Orders

Post by skc »

Two Things that struck me after starting Full Campaign Waterloo is:

1. "Birds Eye View"
One can have a contact at the bottom part of the map and immediately respond by moving troops many km at the top of the map. I saw mention of a Courier system. Maybe need that in the game.
2. Automate Orders
Its quite tedious, each move, to move your columns. Is there a way of giving each Group orders to move to say a certain town, without having to do all that clicking each time?

Thanks in Advance
Alan Sharif

Re: Own Troops FOW & ability to Automate Orders

Post by Alan Sharif »

You can automate orders IF you play using Command Control. I have experimented with say commanding a division or corps myself, and issuing orders, via Command Control, for the rest of my forces. Orders are pretty basic, Move/Attack/Defend, and be prepared for your subordinates to sometimes be a little slower than you'd like. I hope WDS will enhance this under used feature in the future. There is certainly room for considerable improvement. So much so I reverted back to commanding all units myself.
Alan Sharif

Post by Alan Sharif »

This should help.
skc

Post by skc »

Thanks Alan,
I'll look into this when I get a gap. So much a 'learning curve' all this!
76mm

Post by 76mm »

You can also move a column by putting the mouse on the lead unit (but not SELECTING IT) and then using the alt or control key (I forget which) and selecting the target movement hex)--all units connected (ie, adjacent) to the lead unit will follow it. Works pretty well, except that units often don't follow EXACTLY behind the leader and so can veer off-road. Not a big deal except at night, when you can end up with night disruption. I might have mis-stated the exact key strokes required, so pls double-check.
Alan Sharif

Post by Alan Sharif »

You are correct, it's the alt key.
dukemat

Post by dukemat »

76mm wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:57 pm You can also move a column by putting the mouse on the lead unit (but not SELECTING IT) and then using the alt or control key (I forget which) and selecting the target movement hex)--all units connected (ie, adjacent) to the lead unit will follow it. Works pretty well, except that units often don't follow EXACTLY behind the leader and so can veer off-road. Not a big deal except at night, when you can end up with night disruption. I might have mis-stated the exact key strokes required, so pls double-check.
the same holds true at towns or streams if you have cavalry. For some reason cav will jump across if they have the points.
I always take great care when moving through towns and bridges.