Re: Command Control - Any Geek help here?

Forum to share all game modifications
skc

Post by skc »

In Waterloo I've begun as Allies, the 388 move campaign, and want to use Command Control to set up certain Command Groups to move to certain places, without my having to go through a 'click fest' each time.

Last move, I tried playing manually where there was contact , and then, putting rest of my turn on (default) Command Control to do all the tedious moving of distant columns etc. (not sure what the default command control is doing though!) Problem is now, on my next PBEM move, when its my turn, it goes straight onto Command Control, at the end of which, the file is ready to be sent to my opponent. (without any chance for me to do any manual moving!)

I seemed to have messed up on this. I obviously am unsure what I'm doing and have so far had very little help from the forum or manual. Any help will be appreciated as I've fiddled about extensively but seem to be getting nowhere! :?:
Desktop_Grenadier

Post by Desktop_Grenadier »

skc wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:35 am In Waterloo I've begun as Allies, the 388 move campaign, and want to use Command Control to set up certain Command Groups to move to certain places, without my having to go through a 'click fest' each time.

Last move, I tried playing manually where there was contact , and then, putting rest of my turn on (default) Command Control to do all the tedious moving of distant columns etc. (not sure what the default command control is doing though!) Problem is now, on my next PBEM move, when its my turn, it goes straight onto Command Control, at the end of which, the file is ready to be sent to my opponent. (without any chance for me to do any manual moving!)

I seemed to have messed up on this. I obviously am unsure what I'm doing and have so far had very little help from the forum or manual. Any help will be appreciated as I've fiddled about extensively but seem to be getting nowhere! :?:

Very late to the party but this might help for any future games if you haven't cracked it already.......

skc

Re: Re: Command Control - Any Geek help here?

Post by skc »

Thanks am slowly getting a better grip on the AI now.
goddard.c@sky.com

Post by goddard.c@sky.com »

I posted in another linked thread that in CC units were simply not moving even with a destination hex and I also get no chance to address this manually. Left to itself CC would just have the armies sit there with the occasional move of a random unit
skc

Post by skc »

Very user unfriendly aspect of the games. I've given up for now and do my own thing as much as possible.
goddard.c@sky.com

OK not just me then.
LarkinVB

Post by LarkinVB »

I made a quick check and CC is working here.
Make sure that you give an order to each sub command under the top command you selected.
You can also click 'Cancel' in the order dialog and move units individually. Selecting 'Activate A/I' afterwards will bring back up the order dialog.

Please provide a save game to helpdesk@wargameds.com with a description of game & version, what you trying to achieve and what is not working in your opinion.
goddard.c@sky.com

OK will look out save - is that the latest campaign file you need?
goddard.c@sky.com

Sent in a save and they kindly said they would look at it to see what I am doing wrong.