Blog Post - News From The Front

Forum for official news from Wargame Design Studio
rahamy

Blog Post - News From The Front

Post by rahamy »

New blog post up, sharing news and updates from three of our series of games. You can read it here:

https://wargameds.com/blogs/news/news-from-the-front
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
Erzhog Karl

Re: Blog Post - New From The Front

Post by Erzhog Karl »

Read & commented.....outstanding stuff.
Verdun1916

Post by Verdun1916 »

Read and commented aswell!

The Nap updateds have been downloaded and installed!
Looking forward to the Panzer Campaign updates aswell.
But most exciting of all was the news about about The Great Northern War! Thank you guys so much for this new title comming up! As a Swede this is something I have wished for for decades! Finally a good war game covering this conflict! It's rare to see Swedish military history covered well in games. And seeing this, the high tide aswell as the downfall of Sweden as a major military power, covered by you is just awesome! A war we all learn about in school as kids here during the reign of who is probably our most famous king. A king who's death during this war still lingueres in our mind as a great mystery. A war with so many famous victories aswell as fatefull defeats. Carl XII and the Great Northern War changed Swedens, Denmarks and Russias history. It spelled the end of Sweden as a major military power in Europe and paved the way for Russia to become one of the major players instead. For Denmark the last hopes of regaining Skåne, Blekinge and Halland. As a skåning myself this means I'm a Swede today and not a Dane. And I also live in a small township which saw the Swedish army under Magnus Stenbock camp for the winter of 1709-1710 aswell as fighting a small battle, or a skirmish rather between the Swedish and Danish forces. In our churchyard there is still a small massgrave containing the Danish who fell in this small battle.
So this is indeed a game title I am looking forward to getting!

Sorry for the ramble!
Cheers!
Compass Rose

Post by Compass Rose »

I am blown away with all that WDS has been doing and it is easy to see that your 110% (All-in) effort is very remarkable.

We are seeing stuff that no-one ever thought would ever be possible.

Can't say enough about all you do and how well you guys do it. It is truly a great team effort.

John and his family should be very proud of the effort you are investing and of the success associated with it.

Keep up the great work, my friends!