France '14: WDS Player Interest.

Forum for the First World War Campaigns games series
Kidrep711

Re: France '14: WDS Player Interest.

Post by Kidrep711 »

F14 is my favorite game in the series. I'm a huge ww1 history buff and I think F14 represents the warfare of the age damn well.

I'd love to join or setup a group of like minded individuals to play group and 1on1 pbem
Dion

Post by Dion »

I would love to see formation orders too, but if they don't work perfectly with the way I think they should, I'm going to end-up moving each piece separately, just like Iv'e been doing for the last 17 years or so. I won't compromise competitiveness for "ease of play".
Barrold

Post by Barrold »

I have the three FWWC games and enjoy them. The grand campaigns that work together provide an interesting way to follow along while studying the start of the war.
BDH
Mrpfleck

Post by Mrpfleck »

Kidrep711-I agree- it models the period very well. I would be up for a game
The_Giant_Squid

Post by The_Giant_Squid »

I just purchased the game this month. For me this period of the war is particularly interesting. Having played Napoleonic WGDS games mostly I am still wrapping my head around the differences. But I like it so far.
Kidrep711

Post by Kidrep711 »

WW1 is my favorite historical subject so naturally this was the first JTS game I bought. I love playing it. I can understand what some have said about counters. You can use AI move orders though, although they are not as quick or efficent as the ones in other games.

I started a large-scale Home Before the Leaves Fall campaign with 8 players. It was great until I got sick and had to stop. I am always open to playing anther, especially with a group of guys that love extra rules to add to the immersion.

The one complaint I have of the game beisde lacking modern UI options is that it takes a MG team too long to setup. You shouldn't need full MP to unlimber. I think they did that so MG remained a defensive weapon but when it takes up to 3 turns to get it firing that's 6 hours in game, that's insane.
Jules Verne

Post by Jules Verne »

I am a huge fan of the FWWC series, I only need East Prussia'14 to complete the collection. I would be up for any 1v1 and team games.
claymore

Post by claymore »

I have all 3 and played all of them vs AI and human. The Tiller system is very well suited to this period of warfare. Should be easy to adapt for 1860+ - he says in hope :)
panther421

Post by panther421 »

Years ago I bought France'14 and East Prussia '14, played scenarios in both, but I got away from playing the FWW series, not sure why, but recently purchased Serbia and now have all three games. Currently playing scenarios from France '14 and Serbia '14. Enjoying them both, looking forward to playing more. I'm hoping that WDS is working on a France '17-'18 game, I'd love to have a Cambrai scenario, and then the whole of 1918.