Little Bighorn

Forum for the Early American Wars games series
Elxaime

Little Bighorn

Post by Elxaime »

Hi -

I didn't see a thread on the new demo so posting here. Playing the battle scenarion HtH and noticed a bug while playing as Indians. When the Indians rout, looks like their icon turns into a cavalry symbol. Not sure the rout algorithms are working right either, since when my Indians routed, they stayed in the same spot and didn't move away (not sure that isn't WAD, but will stand corrected if so).

Just a note for the future, that this is a great little scenario but can use some love down the road by turning it into a campaign, as the demo pretty much looks like it turns into a straight slugfest on the south bank of the river with no real action to the north. A Little Bighorn campaign, with some decision making, would be great! But I imagine that is for full release.

J.
rahamy

Re: Little Bighorn

Post by rahamy »

Ah, you are correct, in 3D all units are using the Cavalry icons for routing...we'll resolve that for a future update.

Re: The scope of the package, it was intentional to keep it slim...please read the Notes.pdf file located in the main game directory. Assuming we get enough feedback expressing interest we will do a full game on the topic.
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
richfed

Re: Little Bighorn

Post by richfed »

There is nothing more I would enjoy than a full-blown campaign game for this subject -- maybe even involving the 3 prong movement of US troops, Terry, Crook, Gibbon -- a full treatment. Here's hoping. Thanks for even considering this as a game.