Case White

Forum for the Strategic War games series
jimkehn

Case White

Post by jimkehn »

OK so its 9/11/1939 the Polish Scenario and I have every victory point city in Poland, including Warsaw, but not Bialystock or Poznan....75 VPs total. There are three turns left in the scenario and I can pick up 75 VPs plus change for the few units Poland that are still alive. I need 118 points to avoid a major defeat. For Troop losses I get 700 point for the Poles I killed but lose 293 for the Germans who died. I dont see how I can even avoid a major defeat. I have no Strategic points and maybe I missed this but dont know how to get Strategic points. It has been a fun game though.
jimkehn

Re: Case White

Post by jimkehn »

OK I think I get it...VPs are cumulative per turn? So if I capture a city worth 50 points with two remaining turns I get 100 points? So with all the VP cities I have I could accumulate enough points to go on to a win it seems to me. Not sure about Strategic points....maybe they are awarded on my last turn based on how many Victory Points I have at the end of the game.
jmlima

Post by jmlima »

jimkehn wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:26 pm ...VPs are cumulative per turn? ...
Yup, that's correct. Also remember that its the axis points that determine victory. Have a look at page 7 of the user manual.
Dion

Post by Dion »

jimkehn wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:26 pm OK I think I get it...VPs are cumulative per turn? So if I capture a city worth 50 points with two remaining turns I get 100 points? So with all the VP cities I have I could accumulate enough points to go on to a win it seems to me. Not sure about Strategic points....maybe they are awarded on my last turn based on how many Victory Points I have at the end of the game.
You might be closer to a Major Victory than you think, not only are VPs cumulative per turn, but when you capture all the opposing side's surrender
objectives you get all the VP of the surrendering side's regular objectives + all enemy units are automatically eliminated, thus you are awarded VPs for all enemy units. You get a lot points quickly when the enemy surrenders.