What is ZiS?

Forum for the Panzer Campaigns games series
RickyB

Re: What is ZiS?

Post by RickyB »

Verdun1916 hit is on the head, I believe. I have to agree with pretty much everything stated.

From playing Kiev's initial campaign, which sees the Soviets with masses of 76mm and quite a few 85mm AT units, but not a huge horde of T34s (hundreds, but probably no more than 450 or 500 total) facing some large numbers of much better Panthers (100 or maybe more) along with a nice number of Tigers, it is a challenge holding off the Panthers and Tigers. But well deployed 76s, with supporting infantry/cavalry and artillery, can slow them down, disrupt them and allow counterattacks, in some cases.

The Panthers are still dangerous, but in one case, my skilled opponent struck a force of mixed cavalry, guards motorized infantry, a smaller number of T34s and heavy AT guns. The AT guns didn't directly knock off more than a few Panthers, but in the key turn, they got a kill, along with a couple of disruptions. The motorized infantry with high assault and HA ratings then assaulted. That ended up killing maybe 7-8 Panthers total, disrupting a few companies of them, threatening encirclement and the attack was ended.