Prairie Grove Scenario

Forum to share your glorious wins and losses
panther421

Prairie Grove Scenario

Post by panther421 »

I'm playing the Campaign Ozark scenario 09 Prairie Grove H0500a and have been enjoying it quite a bit. The map is large, and small battles develop over many parts of it. I'm not sure how historical it is, but it is a fluid situation, and both sides seem to have enough forces to have a chance to win.

It is currently turn 26 (out of 41) and my Rebs currently have a minor victory. I have taken most of the victory locations, but the Yanks are counterattacking and making some progress. I've had to shift forces to try to block or counterattack some of the Yank moves. Interesting situation, and well worth a try if you have not played it.

Todd Hively
simovitch

Re: Prairie Grove Scenario

Post by simovitch »

I visited this battlefield last month on an Ozarks tour with my brother starting at Wilson's Creek and ending in Newtonia. Very nice Arkansas State Park with a walking tour and great little Museum (still) named after Thomas Hindman, and several restored buildings from the period. The ridge that Hindman's forces held looked like a very strong position, he never should have sortied out from his left flank.

btw Wilson's Creek and Pea Ridge are National Military Parks and are top notch. If you have an interest in the Ozark campaigns I highly recommend a visit. Obviously a ton of "covid" relief money was poured into these parks in just the last few years.
panther421

Post by panther421 »

Thanks for the info Mark. I'm taking a trip to Branson in June, hoping to visit some of the battle sites. I visited Pea Ridge a long time ago, sounds like it has been improved.
Todd
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

Oh, hey Todd - I'm Richard, the lesser-known younger brother of Mark (Simonitch) from GMT games... ;)
zovs

Post by zovs »

simovitch wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:30 pm Oh, hey Todd - I'm Richard, the lesser-known younger brother of Mark (Simonitch) from GMT games... ;)
Very cool!

Glad your here!
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator