New 2D Hi-resolution Graphics Engine

Forum for the First World War Campaigns games series
Chris

New 2D Hi-resolution Graphics Engine

Post by Chris »

Will the FWWC get the New 2D Hi-resolution Graphics Engine? Modern Campaigns, Panzer Campaigns and Strategic War have the 2D Hi-resolution Graphics Engine but not FWWC. I do like the new toolbar and hot keys.
rahamy

Re: New 2D Hi-resolution Graphics Engine

Post by rahamy »

Just to clarify, it's not an "engine", but rather a new set of image files. I imagine Jison will have updated files when the next title in the series comes up for release.
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
Chris

Post by Chris »

I copied the description from a WDS Change Log. "I imagine Jison will have updated files when the next title in the series comes up for release." Unfortunately, that won't be for a few more years. It takes a lot of work for him to develop a new game. Thank you for the reply.
NBCman

Post by NBCman »

I just hope they dont get rid of the 3d figures. I cant stand the lame 3d counters in the panzer campaign games. It makes it anti immersive. WW1 is a bit cheese in design but whole lot better than having no 3d figures.
lucliu

Post by lucliu »

I hope the graphics of the FWWC series can be updated to high resolution, it's far behind other series such as PzC, MC, NPB, M&P.
PopeAdrian

Post by PopeAdrian »

NBCman wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:24 pm I just hope they dont get rid of the 3d figures. I cant stand the lame 3d counters in the panzer campaign games. It makes it anti immersive. WW1 is a bit cheese in design but whole lot better than having no 3d figures.
I cannot stand the 3d figures in the ww1 games haha, i hope they give is the 3d counters like panzer campaigns, but maybe they can keep the figures too somehow.
scaz

Post by scaz »

PopeAdrian wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:57 pm
I cannot stand the 3d figures in the ww1 games haha, i hope they give is the 3d counters like panzer campaigns, but maybe they can keep the figures too somehow.
I agree your Holiness! I would love to see the WW1 Campaigns get the "Panzer Campaigns" treatment in terms of graphics.