Warhorse

Re: Adjusting Lethality for a different ground and time scale

Post by Warhorse »

Looks good!!
Live now, pay later...
Verdun1916

Post by Verdun1916 »

A very interesting project! :) I will be following this thread from now on!
Hoplite1963

Post by Hoplite1963 »

I have made quite a lot of progress designing my blank counter sets, but have decided to set this aside for the time being and concentrate on experimenting with scenario construction. To start with, I will use a 50 metre per hex scale to produce a modified version of the 1914-Mons-01 scenario in order to test the higher unit density values and reduced weapons ranges that my mod will require. This means the map will be out of scale, as the 40 metre hexes will now represent 50 metre ones. However, as movement allowances will be 20% higher than before this should not disadvantage the German side unduly.

One of the main point of interest here will be how the reduced weapons ranges in hexes interact with the increase in casualties resulting from some very much higher unit densities. British units will remain at the current size, as will German artillery and machine gun onces. However, German infantry units currently fielded as half platoons will now be fielded as full-strength 80 man platoons / zogs. I will update you with how I get on.

Kind regards
Ian