Version 4.01

Forum for the First World War Campaigns games series
Don Cossack

Version 4.01

Post by Don Cossack »

HI, newb here. I just picked up Rumyentsev yesterday. I see that it is "Version 4.01". Is every game that is shown as 4.01 of the same quality (graphics and interface buttons mainly)? I was thinking about getting one of the WW1 games. While it is listed as 4.01, the screenshots show the old interface buttons and not the new ones of Rumyentsev. I want the latest and greatest, of course, and am willing to wait. But with the sale deadline looming, I wanted to get this ironed out.
Wake up, pray up, game up!
rahamy

Re: Version 4.01

Post by rahamy »

Correct, if they are on 4.01 they have the same "engine" and interface. Graphics vary from series to series though - not all are the same.

We haven't had time to get in and update all the website screen shots as of yet though!
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
zovs

Post by zovs »

My recommendations is get it while its on sale and get them in bulk, it will save you in the long run. Eventually (before you know it) the 4.0x will be sitting in a que waiting for you to download and you'll get the latest and greatest. That being said, the current run of the FWW series is just dandy and fully functional.

Just one Joe's opinion of course and your mileage may vary (YMMV).
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
Chris

Post by Chris »

The First World War games do not have the improved 2D graphics. They do have the new toolbar and hot keys.