Mid East 67 save issue

Forum for the Modern Campaigns games series
zovs

Mid East 67 save issue

Post by zovs »

I just got this after applying the 4.01 menu update and opening up a previous save, and then advancing to the next turn.

Its not a big deal since its only turn 1 of the Getting Started scenario, I do have a bunch of previous saved solo scenarios I was playing and not sure if these will also have the same issue. If so I can just trash them and restart again. But this probably goes down to some older saves may not work with 4.01?

Attaching a save for completeness or if it will help developers troubleshoot.
GettingStarted.zip
(1.02 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
RickyB

Re: Mid East 67 save issue

Post by RickyB »

So the issue is there is no weather.dat file included with the game. I can reproduce it with a new game, once it hits midnight and needs to determine weather for the new day - or if I check weather during a turn. However, although an error was displayed, the game continued successfully. I was just ending the turn however.

So summary, it isn't a save game issue. Note, though, I tried your save and didn't see an issue until again it hit midnight and required the weather.dat, rather than on the first end turn? And it continued okay for me.

Anyway, the solution will be relatively simple, a weather.dat file. This is assuming you are getting a hard error/unable to proceed, otherwise, I would simply ignore the error for now, as I was able to do, until WDS generates a weather file, or does an update to ignore a missing weather file, as the previous versions must have done.

So if needed, try the attached, and see, but I didn't set any valid weather, I just used a future date for a single weather entry. The file goes in the data subdirectory. I am not sure what will happen in game with the weather for longer games. It may be that if it follows the scenario settings for ground conditions and visibility, then it likely matches the old behavior with programmed weather selected or it may use random weather like there is no weather set to use at all?
Attachments
weather.zip
(149 Bytes) Downloaded 41 times
Strela

Post by Strela »

I went back and looked and can't see a weather file anywhere in this title, particularly in prior releases. There is also no reference to a weather file in the save file. My guess is that Berto has included a check where the weather file is looked for in the Data directory, and that is manifesting this error. Let's see if there are many more reports here and if so, we can have a look at it...
zovs

Post by zovs »

Things to note, I opened up and played through a few turns of 73_5: "Go Forward and Fight", even closing and reopening the save not issues, but when I clicked on Info | Weather I gets (just now saw RickyB post and just downloaded his weather file):

Then when I click it again (still have not yet loaded RickyB file yet) I get this:

Going to install that weather file and reboot the app.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
zovs

Post by zovs »

Strela wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:08 am I went back and looked and can't see a weather file anywhere in this title, particularly in prior releases. There is also no reference to a weather file in the save file. My guess is that Berto has included a check where the weather file is looked for in the Data directory, and that is manifesting this error. Let's see if there are many more reports here and if so, we can have a look at it...
I think your right on the check David, this is at the end of the game.

miki

Post by miki »

Hi gents,

I just bought ME 67 and NGP 85 and that error occurs in both of my games too.
Attachments
ErrorModernCampaigns.JPG
ErrorModernCampaigns.JPG (145.35 KiB) Viewed 770 times
Strela

Post by Strela »

We are working on a solution internally. This is more an alert than an error.

More to follow.
miki

Post by miki »

Thanks!