OOB Editor

Forum to share all game modifications
Nhefob

OOB Editor

Post by Nhefob »

Hello

Is there a OOB editor available for SYW ? Similar to the one provided with PzC or Modern Campaigns.

If not, is there a OOB modding help document for this game ?

Thank you

Regards
GMcClellan

Re: OOB Editor

Post by GMcClellan »

Nope, no editor. I did it in UltraEdit.
Scenario Designer: Naval Campaigns & Musket and Pike
Nhefob

Post by Nhefob »

Thank you for the feedback.

I will try with Notepad++. UltraEdit seems to be more "pro" but it is quite expensive for me.

Regards
Andrew Bamford

Post by Andrew Bamford »

I'm doing OOB work for a forthcoming title in the same series, and Notepad works fine for me so you should be fine to use it for modding purposes.
Nhefob

Post by Nhefob »

Andrew Bamford wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:48 pm I'm doing OOB work for a forthcoming title in the same series
Great news. Something like ''Wars of Louis XIV'' will be an instant buy for me. :shock:
Dion

Post by Dion »

I just looked at the product page for Renaissance, it doesn't have an OOB editor either, just campaign and scenario editors. I hope they include an OOB editor with the next release. Makes the Scenario Editor obsolete without one. The editors go hand in hand.
S Trauth

Post by S Trauth »

There's information in the Notes file for REN - I am fairly sure there is a similar file in SYW as well that spells out what all of the fields represent in the series.

No editor- use your preferred plain text editor ... would probably be a bad idea to hold out for an editor, they never had one prior to anything being released - you just had to suck it up and code by hand.
zovs

Post by zovs »

S Trauth wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:35 am There's information in the Notes file for REN - I am fairly sure there is a similar file in SYW as well that spells out what all of the fields represent in the series.

No editor- use your preferred plain text editor ... would probably be a bad idea to hold out for an editor, they never had one prior to anything being released - you just had to suck it up and code by hand.
Yes, there is some very detailed info in the Design Notes for TSYW.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
S Trauth

Post by S Trauth »

It might pre-date the latest engine changes though.I don't remember if those were ever updated. There was a couple of new unit classes added in (like true fixed artillery) -actually that is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.
Nhefob

Post by Nhefob »

Indeed, there is a lot information about OOB setup and parameters in designer notes pdf.
A few are missing, as how to include a fake ship but nothing significant.