Japanese Hard Attack Values

Forum for the Panzer Campaigns games series
All_American

Japanese Hard Attack Values

Post by All_American »

The revised campaign for Japan '45 has Japanese hard attack values reduced to a range of 0, instead of 1. It makes for a substantial difference in play style, which I find much more historical.

Is there any way to port this over to smaller scenarios and Japan '46 as well?
Strela

Re: Japanese Hard Attack Values

Post by Strela »

Yes, its possible.

In Japan '45, if you want to back-up your scenarios and know how to use a text editor, then just change the line in the scenario file that says Olympic.oob to Olympic_Campaign.OOB.

For Japan '46, we could give you an OOB with the zero range and you do the same for those scenarios if you so desire.

We had not planned to do that officially yet as we wanted to get further feedback on how the Japan '45 campaign was going.
All_American

Re: Japanese Hard Attack Values

Post by All_American »

Strela wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:02 pm Yes, its possible.

In Japan '45, if you want to back-up your scenarios and know how to use a text editor, then just change the line in the scenario file that says Olympic.oob to Olympic_Campaign.OOB.

For Japan '46, we could give you an OOB with the zero range and you do the same for those scenarios if you so desire.

We had not planned to do that officially yet as we wanted to get further feedback on how the Japan '45 campaign was going.
That was easier to do than I expected, thanks. I'd also much appreciate if you could provide the zero range OOB for Japan '46.

Japanese A quality infantry is already substantially stronger than the opposing US infantry. This change at least leaves them vulnerable to US armor and equalizes the playing field in a lot of the scenarios. Although I can see why it might affect the longer campaign scenarios, haven't played through one against a human opponent yet.