Historical paths for German units on Campaign Map

Forum for the Panzer Campaigns games series
ranknfile

Historical paths for German units on Campaign Map

Post by ranknfile »

I created this spreadsheet to guide me for moving (most of) the German units in the #0510_01D_Campaign_WDS scenario. I think it will work with all 4 WDS campaigns. Basically, I looked at units’ positions on the smaller scenarios and transposed these positions to the hex coordinates of the campaign map. This helps me to move these divisions along their historical routes.

One set of coordinates (such as 257, 322) is the lead unit when the division is using road movement. Two coordinates (224,323-231,328) define the frontage of the division facing the enemy. XXX means I have no hex coordinate for that unit on that day. Two coordinates separated by a bold ampersand (191,408&209,401) means there are two road columns for that division on that day.

The” Final Position 23-May” coordinates are rough positions of the units on May 23rd.

Lastly, A roman numeral in parenthesis denotes the unit was assigned to another corps.

Hmmm ... I had to compress the file, sorry!

Div Obj.zip
(11.81 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
ranknfile

Re: Historical paths for German units on Campaign Map

Post by ranknfile »

OH! This is for France '40 BTW.
skc

Post by skc »

Whew. You have much devotion to your campaign details. I wish I was not so lazy. Much of my Waterloo campaign is a mishmash of Brigades, Divisions etc all mixed up. (which is why I'll loose I guess.) Sill trying to learn the basic OOB, apart from where they all are.
ranknfile

Post by ranknfile »

Modified spreadsheet. Ordered some books on the campaign; so ...further modifications coming!
Div Obj.zip
(14.9 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Greatly appreciated in this format, I had done a quick scribble some years back which is now a bit faded.
ranknfile

Post by ranknfile »

For what it's worth, my latest revised file, including later dates (all from the smaller scenarios in France '40).
Div Obj.zip
(18.99 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
J_Irons

Post by J_Irons »

Hi ranknfile!

Your approch of playing is just like mine, so thank you for your post!

I just created a new post "France '40 - History Corner" with the original maps of the Fall Gelb campaign, I hope you can find it usefull to add informations to your file.

T(h)anks
ranknfile

Post by ranknfile »

J_Irons!!! Yes, I know these will be useful. What do I do now? I am playing the game and updating my file as I go. Do I use this and start over?

Not sure but Very Nice Indeed!