Patching vel Updating

Forum for the Panzer Campaigns games series
ChrisAd

Patching vel Updating

Post by ChrisAd »

With the new 4.03 what is the best way to update the games if my original install files are 4.01?
Strela

Re: Patching vel Updating

Post by Strela »

ChrisAd wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:17 pm With the new 4.03 what is the best way to update the games if my original install files are 4.01?
The latest patch includes all patches released previously. As long as the base game is either JTS or WDS then the patch should work. The updates do not work with HPS versions.

If you don't want to patch, you can download the new installers from your store account page. That is a cleaner way to go, to be honest.
Erzhog Karl

Post by Erzhog Karl »

Strela wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:16 pm
ChrisAd wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:17 pm With the new 4.03 what is the best way to update the games if my original install files are 4.01?
The latest patch includes all patches released previously. As long as the base game is either JTS or WDS then the patch should work. The updates do not work with HPS versions.

If you don't want to patch, you can download the new installers from your store account page. That is a cleaner way to go, to be honest.
In the event of downloading the new installer in preference to patching a specific game, does or should the original game be uninstalled from the system prior to running the new installer ? Apologies in advance if this is a 'stupid question'.
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

Erzhog Karl wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:06 am

In the event of downloading the new installer in preference to patching a specific game, does or should the original game be uninstalled from the system prior to running the new installer ? Apologies in advance if this is a 'stupid question'.
Yes, it will usually prompt you to remove the existing install. Not a stupid question at all!
Live now, pay later...
Erzhog Karl

Post by Erzhog Karl »

Warhorse wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:45 am
Erzhog Karl wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:06 am

Yes, it will usually prompt you to remove the existing install. Not a stupid question at all!
Much appreciated Sir, My Thanks