Wish List Request

Forum for the Panzer Campaigns games series
Steel God

Wish List Request

Post by Steel God »

If it's easily done, at some future date it would be lovely if Engineer Units could be modified to have a "Clearing Lanes" function. In some titles (North Africa comes to mind for example) Mines are every where and in abundance, and serve a valuable purpose, but to move through and set your Engineers to "Clearing Mines" frequently results in you accidentally clearing your own mines when all you wanted to do was move through them safely. It's hardly a big issue, but an annoyance which, if easily fixed with a few lines of code, would be a wonderful thing.
"Listen, I can design a better pencil, but I can't stop someone from sticking it up their nose." - John Tiller
KAreil

Re: Wish List Request

Post by KAreil »

As I understand it, clearing lanes is already in play with the not capital "Mines".
At start a minefield shows "MINES" and any unit (travel mode or deployed) will trigger them. After one such trigger it becomes "Mines" which means there are safe lanes in the minefield and units in travel mode can get through without triggering them.
Tapfer. Standhaft. Treu.
(PzGrenB 13, Ried im Innkreis)
Steel God

Post by Steel God »

Well don't I feel stupid. I have completely eliminated some 3 deep minefields by constantly toggling mine clearing on and forgetting to take it off, because I thought it needed to be done that way. Maybe it used to be that way (he says hoping to salvage a shred of self respect).
"Listen, I can design a better pencil, but I can't stop someone from sticking it up their nose." - John Tiller
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

KAreil wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:43 am As I understand it, clearing lanes is already in play with the not capital "Mines".
At start a minefield shows "MINES" and any unit (travel mode or deployed) will trigger them. After one such trigger it becomes "Mines" which means there are safe lanes in the minefield and units in travel mode can get through without triggering them.
This may have changed from previous versions, but going from MINES to Mines does not guarantee safe passage, as the minefield will still damage a unit in travel mode unless an Engineer unit is present - and that only starting from the turn immediately after it's begun clearing mines.

I don't think it is mentioned on the manual but the one sure way to know that a minefield is safe to traverse in Travel mode is checking that an Engineer unit is present in the hex and that the text "Clearing Mines" is in white, not red.
WDS Support
KAreil

Post by KAreil »

Xerxes77 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:30 pm This may have changed from previous versions, but going from MINES to Mines does not guarantee safe passage, as the minefield will still damage a unit in travel mode unless an Engineer unit is present - and that only starting from the turn immediately after it's begun clearing mines.

I don't think it is mentioned on the manual but the one sure way to know that a minefield is safe to traverse in Travel mode is checking that an Engineer unit is present in the hex and that the text "Clearing Mines" is in white, not red.

When I have time I will test this, thanks...I might be have been wrong.
Tapfer. Standhaft. Treu.
(PzGrenB 13, Ried im Innkreis)