Tsushima 4.03 anomaly

Forum for the Naval Campaigns games series
John Roddy

Tsushima 4.03 anomaly

Post by John Roddy »

I am experiencing a drastic difference in either ship damage or gun fire effectiveness after upgrading from version 1.05 to version 4.03 and am looking for additional play testers to see if this issue can be reliably reproduced. My group of players is experiencing this reduced effectiveness on three separate computers using fresh .MSI installs of version 4.03 and I'm looking for someone with access to both versions to perhaps build a small test scenario that will quickly demonstrate the issue.

The basic issue is that it has become very difficult to sink ships with gun fire, even at extremely close range. You can see the hits occurring yet many are zero damage and damage of more than a point or two is uncommon. Critical hits seem to be occurring correctly in relations to total number of hits.

Oh yes, if experimenting with custom scenarios, please note that the data structure in the .SCN file appears to have changed slightly between the two versions but you can make them work with a little editing of the .SCN file.
parmenio

Re: Tsushima 4.03 anomaly

Post by parmenio »

I know you play a fair few of the Naval Campaigns series.
Does this issue appear to be limited to Tsushima?

A 4.03 save and an email to the helpdesk (helpdesk@wargameds.com) to get this logged would be useful.
Andy Edmiston
WDS Lead Programmer
John Roddy

Re: Tsushima 4.03 anomaly

Post by John Roddy »

The Help Desk is aware of this issue, this post is intended to develop additional information to assist the Help Desk in reproducing the issue.

I suspect that this issue may also occur in Jutland and Guadalcanal but have held off on loading version 4.03 for those to avoid complicating things by involving additional games.