Snapshot with Map Labels

Forum for the Civil War Battles games series
taymaj

Snapshot with Map Labels

Post by taymaj »

I like using the snapshot feature to plan movement and keep track of troops. In Panzer Campaigns, it includes the map labels - useful for noting key locations, vp, or terrain. I can't seem to get the CWB feature to do the same. Does anyone know how to do this, short of individual screenshots?
LordDeadwood

Re: Snapshot with Map Labels

Post by LordDeadwood »

In PzC, the snapshot records the map as it appears on the screen; i.e., if map labels are turned on, it will include them in the snapshot. If they are turned off, they will not be in the snapshot. I would have thought it would be the same in CWB?
zovs

Post by zovs »

LordDeadwood wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:09 am In PzC, the snapshot records the map as it appears on the screen; i.e., if map labels are turned on, it will include them in the snapshot. If they are turned off, they will not be in the snapshot. I would have thought it would be the same in CWB?
This is not the case with CWB, I just tried with the CWB Demo, and had labels on but the snapshot did not captured the labels.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
zovs

Post by zovs »

BTW, PzC, MC, and FWW work the same (i.e., labels in the snapshots), so they are a different game engine then CWB.

Note also that the NB also does not capture labels with snapshot. So it would be cool of both CWB and NB had that feature.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
taymaj

Post by taymaj »

Thanks for the confirmation. I'll stick to screenshots for now!