K'talan Mod comes to North German Plain!!

Forum to share all game modifications
Warhorse

K'talan Mod comes to North German Plain!!

Post by Warhorse »

Hi folks, just a fun mod I made a long time ago and recently found it and converted it from the HPS game to the new WDS format. Premise is the same as my K'talan Mod for the John tillers Campaign Series if you've ever played it. A race of aliens invades Earth during WW2, and the nations must unite to fight this new threat. The Aliens are the NATO forces, Earth Union forces are the Warsaw Pact forces. There is one scenario, first contact, the aliens have chem/nuke ability against WW2 kit, just a fun 250 turn scenario, still a work in progress but will release it soon in this thread.
Opening screen
Opening screen
Cover.jpg (78.27 KiB) Viewed 917 times
Opening screen for scenario
Opening screen for scenario
2d  screenshot
2d screenshot
3d screenshot
3d screenshot
Live now, pay later...
Verdun1916

Re: K'talan Mod comes to North German Plain!!

Post by Verdun1916 »

Cool! :D
KAreil

Post by KAreil »

Never heard of "K'talan "

Can you reference some books and give a summary of the background story to that?
Tapfer. Standhaft. Treu.
(PzGrenB 13, Ried im Innkreis)
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

KAreil wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:16 am Never heard of "K'talan "

Can you reference some books and give a summary of the background story to that?
K'talan is a name I used instead of "The Race" in Harry Turtledoves WorldWar series of books. This is the premise I have used, that storyline. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worldwar_series.

I made a mod in John Tillers Campaign Series for East Front called the K'talan Mod, many years ago, some guys still play it, great fun!
Live now, pay later...
tiptoeingpenguin

Post by tiptoeingpenguin »

I saw some videos of the original mod and have always wanted to give it a shot but wasn’t sure if would work with the combined John tiller battlegrounds available today, I am very excited for this mod on the modern games!