Now that the Civil War series has come to an end.....

Forum to share all game modifications
3-37 Armor

Now that the Civil War series has come to an end.....

Post by 3-37 Armor »

Last edited by 3-37 Armor on Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grim.Reaper

Re: Now that the Civil War series has come to an end.....

Post by Grim.Reaper »

I missed that note in the blog although I know it was talked about before about ending the series. Certainly realize the main battles have been covered but kind of hoped the series would continue as acw is my favorite series as they were some of my first war games back in the talonsoft days. Guess was hoping for periodic collections of missed less known battles especially since I tend to enjoy the smaller engagements anyway. Maybe some day will be reconsidered:)
Akmatov

Post by Akmatov »

Maybe a farewell Fantasy Special offering would sell well. The US - Franco-Mexican War of late 1865-66. The British Expeditionary Force fighting with the Army of Northern Virginia after Albert was too sick to edit the British Ultimatum resulting from Seward's inflammatory letter to the British. Maybe a couple of brigades of British Royal Cuirassier 'Volunteers' with Lee at Gettysburg - might liven up Pickett's Charge. The Texan's march on California. McClellan marches on Toranto. Since Vicksburg is getting gunboat on gunboat battle, how about the Royal Navy steams/sails into Chesapeake Bay and blockades Washington. The Monitor sinks in rough seas and never meets the Virginia resulting in the loss of the ability to support McClellan in the Peninsula. Lots of scope for interesting what-if?
DMO

Post by DMO »

What about extending the series to cover Colonial and other Wars of the Period?

Maybe the Crimean War? The Sepoy Mutiny?

Maybe the Ashante Wars or the earlier Afghan Wars?

Lots of material, I should think.
Dion

Post by Dion »

Using the Strategic War Series covering the entire North American continent, including the USA, Canada, and Mexico in a single game, giving the player the choice to play The American Revolution, The War of 1812 or, The American Civil War, complete with Indians, naval units, British units from England, and anything else that would be logical for the time period, would be great.
Ashantai

Post by Ashantai »

You could definitely use this engine for the Franco-Prussian War. It fits better than Napoleonic or WW1.

You could also do the Italian Reunification Wars too.
Dion

Post by Dion »

Ya, using the Strategic War engine there would be no time period or content on earth that would be too big to make a game out of it.