Squad Battles Modern War Scenarios

Forum to share all game modifications
PaulSan

Re: Squad Battles Modern War Scenarios

Post by PaulSan »

rahamy wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:14 am
Sunbather wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:47 pm I see. With the mods I've named above there is definitively something causing a scenario failing to load. But then again, I am just trying around with the free demo here.
The Demo is locked down intentionally... you're not going to get a bunch of free mods to run on the free demo... we are an active business try to keep things going after all. Just sayin... :P
The demo's give you a taste. When you find a flavor that you like, buy it.
Pinetree

Post by Pinetree »

Embis wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:28 am Although many mods will state that they are based on a specific game, ie "Red Star Over Europe" says its based on "Vietnam" the reality is that most, if not all "whole game mods" will run on any of the games. For example I have recently installed "RSOE" on a version of "Red Victory" . I havent experimented with all the mods but I am pretty certain they will all work across all the games.

In my opinion RSOE is by far the best whole game mod available in terms of graphics and game play.
I have installed over Tour of Duty and it works fine. The one exception I noticed was the AIW mod needs the recommended base game as it uses some of it's maps.
Embis

Post by Embis »

Pinetree wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:00 am I have installed over Tour of Duty and it works fine. The one exception I noticed was the AIW mod needs the recommended base game as it uses some of it's maps.
Its worth noting that none of these mods will work with the current updates.

So if you want to keep playing these mods you will need to preserve current versions of the base games. Updating the mods to be compatible with 4.01 is a monster task, as Mike will tell you. As far as I am aware Mike is the only one working on an update.
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

Embis wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:21 am
Pinetree wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:00 am I have installed over Tour of Duty and it works fine. The one exception I noticed was the AIW mod needs the recommended base game as it uses some of it's maps.
Its worth noting that none of these mods will work with the current updates.

So if you want to keep playing these mods you will need to preserve current versions of the base games. Updating the mods to be compatible with 4.01 is a monster task, as Mike will tell you. As far as I am aware Mike is the only one working on an update.
Yes, a monumental task actually, but am close to done finally the 870 vehicles, then the guns, units, and heavy weapons. The vehicles are the tough part. I would like to tackle RSOE qith Embis at some point, get that back in circulation as well.
Live now, pay later...
Bigus

Post by Bigus »

You mean like this.....
Funny how that T72 looks a lot like a Tiger tank.
It doesn't seem impossible to convert but will definitely take some time.
I put this together in a couple of hours work so far.
RSOE1.png

And 3D as well.

RSOE2.png
nelson211005

Post by nelson211005 »

Embis wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:06 am I have all these mods if anyone is having problems tracking them down, just pm me.
Hi
if possible I would like Africa wars, Israeli and Red Stars mods plese.
Mick
Ashcloud

Post by Ashcloud »

Africa at War is fantastic.
Embis

Post by Embis »

nelson211005 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:49 am
Embis wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:06 am I have all these mods if anyone is having problems tracking them down, just pm me.
Hi
Mick
PM sent with link.

Please note these mods will only work with version 4.00 and earlier they don't work with 4.01.
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

Am working on upgrading Forgotten War Mod, but will be a very long time.
Live now, pay later...
nelson211005

Post by nelson211005 »

nelson211005 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:49 am
Hi
Mick
Thanks for all the mods.

I am having trouble with the Red Star Over Europe one though.First one I have tried actually!
Do I install the Red Star mod straight into the folder with Nam4.00 copied into it?
Or into a particular folder or file of the Nam game?