Editors

Forum to share all game modifications
tedsmith617

Editors

Post by tedsmith617 »

Battles of Normandy features a Unit Component Editor. What does this editor allow you to change? I've not seen this editor in my panzer campaign game?
RickyB

Re: Editors

Post by RickyB »

You mean the Data Editor right? Which is used to set ratings for items that show as the components in the OOB. So that is what it allows you to change, the ratings for the components of the OOB. The editor shows everything you can change, so not sure what you are looking for in an answer here? Or you are looking at another editor, but that is all I have for editors around components. But basically it is taking a part of what you do with the OOB editor in PzC and putting it into a separate editor.
tedsmith617

Post by tedsmith617 »

Thank you. So if I were to change speed of a specific unit, it would change it in a scenario or campaign?
RickyB

Post by RickyB »

It would change it in the OOBs for all units using that unit type, I don't think that editor is for units but unit types - in PzC you have to click a button to pull in updated values, I am not sure on PzB though? Still, you can try it. You may have an issue with future updates overwriting your changes - that is fairly easy to avoid in PzC but I am not sure about PzB as I have never altered unit values there.