Blog comment

Forum for the Modern Air Power games series
rahamy

Blog comment

Post by rahamy »

Pulled this from Mark Hale's blog comment this morning:
No love for Modern Air Campaigns? Along with EAW this series is a notable omission from your update. Since WOME was released in 2009 these games have barely been touched. If this series is done and not considered for update or addition, I wish you would just say so.
We do have plans for this series as well, but it's a matter of programming resources - and other projects are demanding the attention right now. With 12 series, 100+ title published and more in development, the hours in the day get eaten up very quickly! We appreciate your interest!
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
mjhbuckeye

Re: Blog comment

Post by mjhbuckeye »

Thanks for replying to my blog comment Rich. Reading between the lines, among all the series and titles competing for resources MAP has a very low priority. Unfortunate but understandable.
Kolc

Post by Kolc »

WOV is on my wish list.
Strela

Post by Strela »

mjhbuckeye wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:13 pm Thanks for replying to my blog comment Rich. Reading between the lines, among all the series and titles competing for resources MAP has a very low priority. Unfortunate but understandable.
Low priority is a relative thing. We have a developer very keen to progress things but a single programmer who also owns the naval campaigns and squad battles series which are under (very) active development currently as well as the strategic war series.

We have been very fortunate to inherit such an amazing portfolio from John Tiller, but it has required updating and enhancement to remain relevant for today and that has been a huge time sink. We are trying to juggle between the various projects and will continue to try to keep as many people happy as possible.
mjhbuckeye

Post by mjhbuckeye »

Really no further explanations are necessary. The reason other series are "under (very) active development currently" over say, MAP, is because WDS "will continue to try to keep as many people happy as possible". I totally get that it is the correct business model to pursue. The pity is that MAP fills, as far as I can tell, a totally unique niche in the gaming world whereas many studios and developers have and will produce the WW2, ACW and Napoleonic games of various scales and modes of play which are the current major thrust of WDS projects, especially the first. Maybe, someday, you'll get around to at least slapping a coat of paint on the MAP games, but nothing tells me that will be anytime soon.