Lets start :)

Forum for the Modern Campaigns games series
rahamy

Re: Lets start :)

Post by rahamy »

Trajan CF wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:34 am Id just be grateful if they fixed the bugs that exist now, like bridging units, when commanded to bridge, don't bridge.........
If you can send us a game file illustrating any issues to HelpDesk@wargameds.com - along with any details we'll be happy to look at the problem.
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
count_fuzzball

Post by count_fuzzball »

Jarin wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:06 pm My favorite would be a fictional (lets hope) Russia vs Nato Campaign in 2023 (like in Supreme Ruler 2020).
Or at least a limited baltic scenario Russia/Belarus vs Baltic States/Poland/Finland and Germany.
I'd like to see something like a hypothetical ultra-modern Russia vs Nato campaign too, or PRC invading Taiwan, etc.

How "modern" is 50s/60/70s stuff now for 2022? For a "modern" reality-based situation, what about the gulf war/operation desert storm of 1991 or something closer in the 2000s, Afghanistan/Iraq?
zovs

Post by zovs »

I'd like to see:

Korean War 1950-53
First Indochina War 1946-54
The Indo-Pakistani War 1965/71
Iran Iraq War 1980-88
Soviet–Afghan War 1979-89
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
Cédric Monget

Post by Cédric Monget »

zovs wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:00 am I'd like to see:

Korean War 1950-53
First Indochina War 1946-54
The Indo-Pakistani War 1965/71
Iran Iraq War 1980-88
Soviet–Afghan War 1979-89
I would be excited for any of these titles !
SwampYankee

Post by SwampYankee »

Trajan CF wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:42 am
re; "NATO's conventional forces were pretty weak comparatively, a".......uhm, no not really, we didn't have number parity ( and never really would) but we had a qualitative advantage that I think would have held the WP back long enough for reserves to be mobilized and fielded re; Reforger etc.,.
I think the present game does a pretty good job of capturing that as German and American heavy units are scattered far and wide. etc.

Flashpoint Campaigns Red Storm does a great job portraying this, also.
"The only way I got to keep those tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me!"
Lordjaqen

Post by Lordjaqen »

Hi
I would suggest a campaign based on the novel Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy.
The content of the novel allows to draw several scenarios especially on territories of northern Iceland that we do not often see in games.
I think also interesting to simulate the Gulf Wars especially Operation Desert Storm
Lordjaqen

Post by Lordjaqen »

Hi I would suggest a campaign based on the novel Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy.
The content of the novel allows to draw several scenarios especially on territories of northern Iceland that we do not often see in games.
I think also interesting to simulate the Gulf Wars especially Operation Desert Storm
TANSTAAFL

Post by TANSTAAFL »

"re; "NATO's conventional forces were pretty weak comparatively, a".......uhm, no not really, we didn't have number parity ( and never really would) but we had a qualitative advantage that I think would have held the WP back long enough for reserves to be mobilized and fielded re; Reforger etc.,.
I think the present game does a pretty good job of capturing that as German and American heavy units are scattered far and wide. etc."

In the 1970s (which was what I was responding to)? The 1980s, from mid-decade on, yeah. But the previous two decades I'd argue were pretty scary.