Zovs-Mods (MC)

Forum to share all game modifications
zovs

Zovs-Mods (MC)

Post by zovs »

Modern Campaign Mods

So after making my Zovs-Mods for the FWWC I decided to port that work into MCs with the idea of retrofitting both of these projects back into my original Panzer Campaign board war game mod (Zovs-Mods). Well as it turned out, this was also a pretty large project and complete overhaul both my ideas and MC's in general.

Map
  • Ported over my bridge artwork.
  • Ported over my arrow’s artwork.
  • Ported over my enlarged unit symbols artwork.
  • Changed the way HQs symbols are displayed by using the more traditional board wargame HQ symbiology for HQ's (i.e. the alternating filled in square boxes) and by also adding a flag staff to the symbol (I find this to be very useful when units are "hidden" behind victory point objectives or when in travel mode).
  • Added new symbols for missiles and helicopters, etc.
  • Added static AAA counters for Mid-East '67 (did not notice the in the other series).
  • Updated and corrected some symbols I originally created.
  • Updated the HQ color band.
  • Updated the HQ size.
  • Updated the alternate HQ symbols.
  • Updated/modified all the artwork for the on map Mines, Bunkers, Improved Positions, Obstacles, Pillboxes, Trenches, and Forts.
  • Updated the NBC artwork for all three sizes (originally only 2D large and 2D mag had these).
  • Updated/changed the on-map Supply symbols.
Unit counters and Info boxes
  • Updated all the national counters to colors more closer to "board wargame traditional" counter colors (think of both SPI The Next War and GDW Third World War series).
  • Updated all the national flags for each nations objective victory point flag (i.e. used modern national flags from 1960s-1990s).
  • Updated all the objective value boxes color bevel and increased the size of the VP box (currently this box is 1 or 2 pixels too small to fully display the VP number in 2D mag. for the PzC and MC series)
Info
  • Modified the Info panels for all six titles to use a distinctive color camo pattern and a few other embellishments for immersion.
  • Updated the Unit Info Boxes for all nations so they use the new National flags and also are based on my original Zovs-Mods for the PzC series.
Screens
  • Created new cover/splash screens for each of the six titles so you know you’re using my mod.
  • Updated the command report dialog artwork for all six titles.

Danube Front '85

New Danube Front cover with US woodland camo pattern.

New UI info panel, command report, at 2D large view, with new unit colors, larger unit symbols (the Czech's are a deep pink), new HQ band and HQ symbols, and new on-map supply markers.

Just the map in 2D mag.

Showing the alternative icon counters.

For those that like the 3D view, this is 3D large.

3D mag.

New unit info box panel stuff (note as in my PzC series of mods I still would need to change the unit info panel counters colors at one point or leave it for reference).

East (dark grey) meets West (light grey) Germany.

Warsaw Pact Polish units.

NATO Denmark units.

US and West Germans fending off Soviet Union (Russia) attacks.

Austrians holding the Danube River line.

East Germans to the north, Soviet Army (brown) and Soviet Guards (red) to the south.

Berlin!

NOTE: This is a general layout of new unit colors and flags for most of the series.

Belgium units.

Dutch units.

New Mountain unit symbols (West Germany brigade).

New NATO command report graphic.

New Warsaw Pact command report graphic.

An Unknown unit.

This reminds me of Hockey Night in Canada, lol. French and Canadian flags.

Fulda Gap '85

New cover with Soviet camo pattern graphic.

Polish units attacking US and West German units, 2D large.

Same but at 2D mag.

Soviets (regular and guards), with new recon, new HQ flag staff, armored AAA, Self-Propelled Artillery etc.

East Germans assaulting US and Canadian units.

North German Plain '85

New cover with West German camo pattern.

Another view of Berlin but from NGP scenario.

The UK in the winter defending against the Soviets.

Korea '85

New cover showing a different camo pattern, can't recall if I pulled it from a North Korean image.

New UI info panel, command report, at 2D large view, with new unit colors, larger unit symbols, new HQ band and HQ symbols, and new on-map supply markers.

2D mag view.

New North Korean unit info box and panel.

New South Korean unit info box and panel.

New Allies (South Korea and US) command report graphic.

New North Korean command report graphic.

ROK Marines (dark blue) north of Seoul, two US HQs and regular South Korean's (note I fixed the VP button size in all the series).

Chinese attacking the encircled South Koreans.

New Chinese unit info boxes.

New Chines VP flag.

Mid East '67

New cover with one of the IDF camo patterns I found.

New UI info panel, command report (Arab Turn), at 2D large view, with new unit colors, larger unit symbols, new HQ band and HQ symbols, and new on-map supply markers.

2D mag, Egyptians are red, and Israelis are blue.

New Egyptian unit info box, with one unit selected.

New Israeli command report graphic.

New Israeli unit info box.

Israelis holding a line with the new Jordanians poised to strike.

New Jordanian unit info box.

Another view of Egyptians facing off against Israelis, highlighting the new Egyptian VP flag.

Syrians holding positions against the Israelis.

New Syrian unit info box.

New Israeli unit info box.

New TF unit symbol.

US 2nd ACR attacking the Iraqis.

New US unit info box.

New Iraqi unit info box.

Quang Tri '72

New cover with a tiger stripe camo pattern I found.

New UI info panel, command report (Communist i.e. North Vietnamese), at 2D large view, with new unit colors, larger unit symbols, new HQ band and HQ symbols, and new on-map supply markers.

2D mag view of North Vietnamese attacking the South Vietnamese Marines, note the new flag for the South Vietnamese Marines.

New North Vietnamese unit info box.

New South Vietnamese Marines unit info box.

New command report for the Allies (South Vietnam and US).

South Vietnamese to the north and ARVN marines to the south at Mal Loc.

New South Vietnamese unit info box.

USMC coming to the rescue!

New USMC unit info box.

Link to Zovs-Mods:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/kp2igzqc ... eytpz68cvo
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
taymaj

Re: Zovs-Mods (MC)

Post by taymaj »

Thank you for taking the time to do this and share!
zovs

Post by zovs »

I’ll have a major update soon.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
zovs

Post by zovs »

Greetings, sorry for the delay, but I had a massive heart attack on August 20. I have not updated or touched any of my modules/modifications since the end of July. But I plan to continue work this fall, so please be patient as I put my health ahead of hobby for a while.