Reverting to Antietam v. 4.02 from the upgrade 4.03

Forum for the Civil War Battles games series
Sven Finn

Reverting to Antietam v. 4.02 from the upgrade 4.03

Post by Sven Finn »

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere. I downloaded and installed Antietam 4.03. It worked fine, even when I loaded a game saved in 4.02.

But not all the people in a multiplayer game I'm in want to upgrade right now, so I'm trying to find a link to the old version 4.02 to install over the new one.

Please advise, and thank you in advance!

--Sven Finn
Sven Finn

Re: Reverting to Antietam v. 4.02 from the upgrade 4.03 SOLVED

Post by Sven Finn »

This problem is solved.
Bill-Peters

Re: Reverting to Antietam v. 4.02 from the upgrade 4.03

Post by Bill-Peters »

Sven - you might do what I do:

1. Install the game. That is your base install.
2. When an update comes out COPY the entire game folder and for the name of the copy of the folder put the version right after it like this:

Campaign Antietam_402

Then start up the game using the programs found in that new folder.

When you want to play the 4.03 version just copy the main folder again and apply the update to the copy changing the folder name to have _403 at the end.

I have not had any issues doing this. The activation works fine as I start up the game. No message is displayed asking me to input my Serial Code.

FYI - I keep all of the updates in their own folder for each series. That way I can drop back to any version I want if I have deleted its folder.
Erzhog Karl

Post by Erzhog Karl »

Bill-Peters wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:36 pm Sven - you might do what I do:

1. Install the game. That is your base install.
2. When an update comes out COPY the entire game folder and for the name of the copy of the folder put the version right after it like this:

Campaign Antietam_402

Then start up the game using the programs found in that new folder.

When you want to play the 4.03 version just copy the main folder again and apply the update to the copy changing the folder name to have _403 at the end.

I have not had any issues doing this. The activation works fine as I start up the game. No message is displayed asking me to input my Serial Code.

FYI - I keep all of the updates in their own folder for each series. That way I can drop back to any version I want if I have deleted its folder.
Bill,

That is an absolutely brilliant idea ! I have often thought of something along these lines but with no idea as to how it might be physically done.
In effect you therefor have two folders of the game, v.4.02 and v.4.03 and select whichever version you wish to play ?
Bill-Peters

Post by Bill-Peters »

Yes, it allows us to experiment with the updates without allowing them to be applied to the original version we installed.

I started doing this when folks were producing artwork mods. Rather than stuff all of the artwork into a backup folder I just have a second copy of the game I use. If you uninstall the game the copies may not work so be careful about that.
krmiller_usa

Post by krmiller_usa »

I do this when doing testing on updates. I have a USB drive that has all my games on it (I have over 70 WDS titles) as I have a desktop and a laptop. This allows me to take my games with me when I travel.
Ken Miller
JonPowles

Post by JonPowles »

Is there any solution to this if we no longer have our original (4.02) install files? The only download available from the WDS site is now 4.03.

My current opponent has detected a problem in 4.03 with the fire combat resolution - no defensive bonuses seem to be being applied for forest and fortification hexes. So we're trying to roll back to 4.02.

Cheers

Jonathan
LarkinVB

Post by LarkinVB »

Write to support and they may provide 4.04 which fixes the problem.
rahamy

Post by rahamy »

JonPowles wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:47 am Is there any solution to this if we no longer have our original (4.02) install files? The only download available from the WDS site is now 4.03.

My current opponent has detected a problem in 4.03 with the fire combat resolution - no defensive bonuses seem to be being applied for forest and fortification hexes. So we're trying to roll back to 4.02.

Cheers

Jonathan
We are releasing 4.04 this up coming Friday - so I can easily get you both it now - just send an email to Helpdesk@wargameds.com so I know where to send it to!
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
PaulSan

Post by PaulSan »

Is that v4.04 for all of the ACW games or just Antietam?