Movement rates in MC Danube

Forum for the Modern Campaigns games series
lsjelin

Movement rates in MC Danube

Post by lsjelin »

In the OOB manual, it states that the Unit Speed is "The Speed of the unit is in terms of Kilometers Per Hour for the nominal road speed of the unit."
But when you compare the speed of various moto/mech units they are now where near the actual speed of the vehicles in real life. For example an M1A1 Abrams has a road speed of appx 72 k/hr, yet in the game the speed is listed as 23.
Midge

Re: Movement rates in MC Danube

Post by Midge »

Put it in T Mode on main road, as each hex is mile about 40 would make it relatively accurate
3-37 Armor

Post by 3-37 Armor »

It's been awhile since I've played any MC title, but since hexes in this series are 1 mile across vs 1 km across in PzC (as Midge says above), beside speed ratings are weapon ranges given in feet/miles or meters/km? It does seem funny that the OOB editor would reference km for speed when the game map itself is rendered in miles.

I never did understand why MC uses miles and PzC uses kilometers, but I guess there must be a good reason. I do think it would have been more efficient to keep everything metric myself.

Unless of course I'm totally wrong here due to lack of recent playing time.
GMcClellan

Post by GMcClellan »

You know, I am not sure why MC uses a 1 mile ground scale, but I always just mentally filed it as "they wanted the larger scale a mile provides" and never gave it any more thought.
Scenario Designer: Naval Campaigns & Musket and Pike
Midge

Post by Midge »

When we did Bolt I think we upped speeds slightly, weapon ranges we converted to miles
lsjelin

Post by lsjelin »

Thanks all for the replies.