Strategic War changes compatibility

Forum for the Strategic War games series
Wargamer1963

Strategic War changes compatibility

Post by Wargamer1963 »

Will the current Strategic War series be compatible with the proposed changes to the game engine?
Thanks!
rahamy

Re: Strategic War changes compatibility

Post by rahamy »

I assume you are asking about on going games? As a general rule, it's best to finish on going games before applying an update. That's not *always* the case, but when in doubt, follow that rule.

Also, both players have to be on the same version in order to play against each other - so in that regard, no, they are definitely not compatible.

If you mean something else please let me know. But, the updates aren't imminent, so there's certainly time to finish on going games... maybe even start new ones - as no release date for the next update has been set.
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
Wargamer1963

Post by Wargamer1963 »

Rich,
I received an email the other day that said WDS was going to be making some changes (enhancements) to the Strategic War game system. I was just wondering how that would affect the current Strategic War games. Will the current SW games be compatible with the proposed SW system changes?
parmenio

Post by parmenio »

Wargamer1963 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:11 pm Will the current SW games be compatible with the proposed SW system changes?
If you're asking whether The First Blitzkrieg and War on the Southern Front titles will be updated to include these enhancements, then absolutely - I've been making the changes and testing them against WotSF.

If you're talking (as Rich suggested below) about games in progress, then definitely not.
Andy Edmiston
WDS Lead Programmer