Lebanon '82 Extension for MC Middle East

Forum to share all game modifications
All_American

Lebanon '82 Extension for MC Middle East

Post by All_American »

Hi folks!

This is originally a mod from 2006 made by Péter Szabó. I had it laying around for a while, and decided to refurbish it with new graphics as provided by WDS in the Middle East title. I have otherwise not edited the files but I believe they should still work.

The scenario pack contains 4 medium and small sized scenarios, the author says they can be played against the AI as well. Let me know if there are any bugs or things that don't work. I will see what I can do.

If prompted to override stock files, you can just skip it. Should not be an issue.

Again, all the credit goes to Péter Szabó for the original extension and WDS for the new graphics.

Here's the original mod description from 2006:

"Long in the works, here is an add-on with a couple scenarios covering the conflict in Lebanon. While the Lebanon War of 1982 lasted for most of the summer that year, periods of full-scale combat were brief and interspersed by ceasefires. Politically imposed rules of engagement limited the use of military force. While periods of fighting can be portrayed well in the game engine, rules of engagement and ceasefires can not. That's why, rather than starting a scenario at the outset, my choice fell on the critical period of the Israeli-Syrian confrontation from 8 to 11 June 1982."

You can download the mod via OneDrive here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am4eLIEjDrtbgaNCuik ... w?e=s3ktzt

Here are some screenshots from the mod:

Hellway

Re: Lebanon '82 Extension for MC Middle East

Post by Hellway »

Top, thanks...
erick_repie

Post by erick_repie »

thanks its nice, currently playing ME67
Peter Szabo

Post by Peter Szabo »

Hi All_American & Everyone!

Thank you for taking care of my old piece of work! It is good to hear that some people like it.

A caution is that it was a long time ago that I last touched this package, and I did not follow the developments of the game engine since then. Therefore, I do not know how these scenarios work in the new environment. There is also some better OOB information out there now that was not available to me in 2006. I hope you will enjoy the package anyway.

Péter
All_American

Post by All_American »

Peter Szabo wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:27 am Hi All_American & Everyone!

Thank you for taking care of my old piece of work! It is good to hear that some people like it.

A caution is that it was a long time ago that I last touched this package, and I did not follow the developments of the game engine since then. Therefore, I do not know how these scenarios work in the new environment. There is also some better OOB information out there now that was not available to me in 2006. I hope you will enjoy the package anyway.

Péter
Hi Peter!

Thanks for your comments. I found this mod several years ago and played all the scenarios solo a couple of times. They worked great. I don't think anything major has changed in regards to game engine since then.

Good to see you here.