Any new title to be released ?

Forum for the Panzer Battles games series
Sunbather

Re: Any new title to be released ?

Post by Sunbather »

Panzer Battles - Typhoon would be a great Christmas surprise!

That being said, I think more modern conflicts are shamefully underrepresented in the Tiller games. In my opinion, the scale of the Modern Campaigns does not gel very well with modern combat. It just feels like Panzer Campaigns with modern skins. There is no or only very little notion that an Abrams can engage enemies at at least 4 times the range as a Sherman tank, and that also at night!

Of course we have quite a few Squad Battles in a modern setting. Especially the Red Star over Europe mod for SB Vietnam shows just how well modern stuff like ATGMs and Abrams tanks works within the Squad Battles framework. I say we need more of that! Including a dedicated and fictional Squad Battles Cold War Germany.

The potential of the Panzer Battles series remains completely untapped in that regard. There have been so many wars and battles post-World War 2 that would fit the scale of Panzer Battles perfectly: Korean War; 6 Day War; Yom Kippur War (with a small Lebanon 82 addition); Camodian-Vietnamese War; several African conflicts like Rodhesia vs South Africa; Operation Desert Storm (although a new CAS system would be needed); and of course a fictional Cold War gone hot in Germany. And all that's just from the top of my head.

To make a long story short: we have several modern "Panzer Campaigns" although that scale doesn't fit modern combat very well (except maybe for Middle East 67). We have a few but still too few modern Squad Battles. We have literally no modern Panzer Battles although the potential for that is huge.
Strela

Post by Strela »

Unfortunately, I can guarantee that Panzer Battles - Typhoon will not be a Christmas surprise :(

You are right about modern settings for both Panzer Battles and Squad Battles. There is huge potential, we just have a lack of developers to tackle all the projects concurrently.

We did tease a shot similar to the below when discussing Armor Battles the modern equivalent to the Panzer Battles engine. many moons ago. Do not get your hopes up, but we do have software that can do what you suggest.

Post 20231114_01.png
Post 20231114_01.png (261.97 KiB) Viewed 409 times
Sunbather

Post by Sunbather »

Strela wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:20 am Unfortunately, I can guarantee that Panzer Battles - Typhoon will not be a Christmas surprise :(

You are right about modern settings for both Panzer Battles and Squad Battles. There is huge potential, we just have a lack of developers to tackle all the projects concurrently.

We did tease a shot similar to the below when discussing Armor Battles the modern equivalent to the Panzer Battles engine. many moons ago. Do not get your hopes up, but we do have software that can do what you suggest.

Post 20231114_01.png
That is some juicy screenshot! Since I believe that WDS is here for many, many more moons to come, I will be patiently looking towards the distant future ;)

As for Panzer Battles - Typhoon: I just realized that Christmas is only a month away, haha. Whenever it releases, I'll be ready for it.