Battle of Bailen. Improved Scenario

Forum to share all game modifications
jmartin

Battle of Bailen. Improved Scenario

Post by jmartin »

Although in general the settings of the Napoleon Battles series present great historical fidelity, the representation of the Battle of Bailén presents important errors that an attempt has been made to correct with this scenery.

Firstly, the map has been modified by adjusting the topography, the road network, the vegetation and the extension of Bailen following the magnificent cartography of the battle prepared by the Spanish Army in the mid-19th century.
The deployment and strength of the units, both Spanish and French, have been modified, following the most reliable sources about the battle. The Dufour division, which on the day of the battle was distributed between Despeñaperros and La Carolina, has been eliminated from the French OoB.
I have also increased the duration of the scenario a little to give more tactical possibilities to the players while increasing the uncertainty about the possible appearance of reinforcements from one side or the other. The other conditions remain those of the original scenario.

Being the first scenario that I make, any opinion and criticism will be welcome.

Edited: Bugs fixed

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/clw2du3v ... df2ex&dl=0

Original image

New image
Last edited by jmartin on Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hellway

Re: Battle of Bailen. Improved Scenario

Post by Hellway »

Excellente initiative. Thank you very much, but I renamle your files in OOb and Maps folrder and it make an error when .scn is selected...
jmartin

Re: Battle of Bailen. Improved Scenario

Post by jmartin »

Bugs fixed.