Villiers-le-Sec

Forum for the Panzer Battles games series
Koldobika

Villiers-le-Sec

Post by Koldobika »

I am finding this a fiendishly difficult scenario vs the AI as the allies.

I am able to capture the main objective and the westerly one on the last turn, but I am still well short of the points total for even a minor victory.

Possibly a stupid question but do I just need to focus more on isolating the enemy units? Afaik surrenders aren't modelled like PzC and I would effectively need to whittle the units down, which would take much of the 8 turn total...

Any tips appreciated!
Jeff Conner

Re: Villiers-le-Sec

Post by Jeff Conner »

Isolation works much the same in Panzer Battles as it does in Panzer Campaigns. Once a unit can no longer trace a supply line free of enemy zones of control (friendly units negate zone of control for this purpose), it becomes Isolated and its morale is reduced by one level. Unlike Panzer Campaigns, it does not become Low Ammo or Low Fuel when appropriate, as the logistics portion of Panzer Campaigns has not been implemented, at least not yet anyway. If a unit cannot retreat due to a successful assault and the lack of hexes free of the presence of enemy zones of control (again negated by friendly units), after casualties are distributed, half of the remaining strength (fractions rounded down) is lost also. Isolation is determined at the beginning of the turn, so it is possible to reduce units significantly by assault when they cannot retreat regardless of whether they have been labelled as Isolated or not.

With the introduction of Alternative Assault Resolution into the Default Optional Rules, it can be difficult to finish off armored units in this manner as fatigue results will not kill the last vehicle. It may be a good idea to have a unit with a decent hard attack value present to finish off the unit by fire rather than assault.

Jeff