Old school ?

Forum to share all game modifications
Trajan CF

Old school ?

Post by Trajan CF »

I am seeking any mod/mods that have the old game graphics, or allow us to go back to the 'old' style counter (nato style) display.

The 'new' counters, symbols maps imho are completely soulless, zero character. I will not be buying any games that have the 'new' style etc....

Any pointers etc. in the right direction or path to files to go back in time, Id be eternally grateful.
Carlos

Re: Old school ?

Post by Carlos »

Trajan CF wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:07 am I am seeking any mod/mods that have the old game graphics, or allow us to go back to the 'old' style counter (nato style) display.

The 'new' counters, symbols maps imho are completely soulless, zero character. I will not be buying any games that have the 'new' style etc....

Any pointers etc. in the right direction or path to files to go back in time, Id be eternally grateful.
Look into your "\Map" folder. You should find several subfolders there, including one named "Legacy Gold Graphics" - perhaps that's the one you're looking for?

If you replace the current files in the Map folder with the contents of that subfolder you should get back the old graphics.
WDS Support
zovs

Post by zovs »

Sorry but the "old school" 1990 graphics and UI are terrible. The WDS are way better.

But mine are best of course.

YMMV.

viewtopic.php?t=713
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
Corwin71

Post by Corwin71 »

They all still have NATO counters, so not sure what you mean. There is a menu option to switch back and forth between NATO counters and graphical representations of the units (though by default it's on the NATO counters, iirc, so again not sure where your complaint comes from). For that matter, I don't know what's "soulful" about a square with a dot in the middle of it, but different tastes, I guess.